Forum home Getting started

where to buy cheap wedding dresses?

any1

• fayeraineyfayerainey Posts: 83
    If your not that fussy about having a brand new dress (like me) then theres lots of second hand websites you can try....

www.preloved.co.uk

www.theweddingdressmarket.com

You could snap up a real bargain, just make sure you check all the measurements and preferably get one thats already been professionally dry cleaned.

I'll definitely be looking out for a cheap Ian Stuart dress! x
  • MissVWMissVW Posts: 7,419
    A lot of designers have 'designer sample sales' so look out for those. Otherwise, depending on your budget, Romantica of Devon do reasonably cheap gowns but are gorgeous.

You could also consider BHS, Debenhams, Monsoon and Littlewoods who all do wedding dresses for around £250 ish.

Good luck x
  • excitedgirlexcitedgirl Posts: 356
    Hi Miss Gemma - check out the Confetti website, there's details on there of a designer dress sale in June. I'm thinking of going, but I haven't even started looking yet, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good place to start!
  • try www.houseofbrides.com thats where i'm getting my BMs dresses,they should be about £150 but as they are imported from the US they are only 150 dollars,about £75.

I found my dress on there for only £350 whereas I had paid £830 for it here, but as it worked out as it was a Soterro & Midgley dress they wont send it here anyway (thank god,would have been gutted if i had wasted that much money!!!)
  • jeskiukjeskiuk Posts: 2,051
    Milly bridal get loads of good reviews on here and seem to make anything you want. Check out general chat but one lady had a dress and coat made for a winter wedding and paid I think £180 including shipping.
  • sarahrobsonuksarahrobsonuk Posts: 3,266
    They do loads of second hand wedding dresses on Ebay, i got mine for £35.00.
  • tigermootigermoo Posts: 15
    Try jewlzbridal.co.uk I've got Mine & 4 bridesmaids dresses from there. The prices and quality are fantastic. I ordered them with lace up back's rather than a zip so they can be tied to fit. Had my dress taken up for £38.50 at johnson's dry cleaners.

They are all fully lined, and unbeknown to me the b'maids dresses came with matching wraps.

Def worth a look, and they will sent to any address, as all mine were sent to dif addresses.

Good luck with your search! X