Horse and Carriage

Hello,

Is anyone having this 'magical dream'???? I have always dreamed of having this but until today it has been pushed to the side as been concentrating on other things.

Does anyone know how much this service is? and have experienced it before or know someone that has, would be nice to read some reviews.

thanks ladies. X

• shopaholicukshopaholicuk Posts: 1,478
    i have looked into horse and carriage but not used it yet as wedding is not untill 2010 cost £600
  • ladybradyukladybradyuk Posts: 2,002
    I've booked a horse and carriage but don't actually know how much it is! My parents friends doing it for us, so I just booked it - hope I get a good deal!
  • lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    mine was 400.we used the same company mum used 25 years ago.they have lots of carriages to choose from and you can go and choose your horses too ! foxdell carriages
  • kay_n_dankay_n_dan Posts: 461
    Hey i'm having a horse and carriage in may & i think it will be wonderful - i'm paying £400 too!! i found mine in the yellow pages!! as i found the onces online are far too expensive or the ones who do loads of advertising are way expensive too!! hope this helps on your searches!!

good luck

i'm in the plymouth area - so if you need to know company name or anythin else give me a shout image

xxxx
  • thanks girls, that sounds rather reasonable, i thought it was going to cost the earth, i thinks it really romantic, I may even suprise H2B with it!!! we went to new york a few years ago and the whole central perk horse and carriage thing and loved it!!!!

I live in leicestershire, I'll get the yellow pages out I have only found one company on line.

Cheers X
    if you go here

http://www.whatabeautifulday.co.uk/5.html

then go to oliver and lauren you will see me in mine on our video highlights x

[Modified by: lozzy on June 19, 2008 09:14 PM]
  • gonkielynsgonkielyns Posts: 59
    I'm having a horse & carraige (£575) i'm using Haydn Webb in Berkshire. They have different carraiges that you can choose from & don't have to decide until the day before. I checked out the horses, they are beautiful hackney's so do a posh trot & were kept well. Can't wait, except that it's in December!!
    i saw a bride once in december and we were walking along the road and it was really foggy and we heard clip clopping and then out of the mist the horses and carriage appeared - beautiful xx check they will have a blanket in there for you they should do xx
  • Lozzy, that was truly amazing, you looked amazing! I am defo going with the horse and carriage now.
  • Lozzy, I've just seen the vidoe company you have used and its in leicester...are you from leics? and did you get married in leics? I'm a Leics bride (2B) too!!
  • sugarsugaruksugarsugaruk Posts: 300
    I'm going to have a horse and carriage too, I haven't booked it yet as we haven't even agreed on a date but I am horse mad always have been I love riding so I simply have to have it!
    Quoted:
    Lozzy, I've just seen the vidoe company you have used and its in leicester...are you from leics? and did you get married in leics? I'm a Leics bride (2B) too!!

Hi !! thanks xx

no i`m from stourton in west mids but we booked with him bec he seemed the best.mum sourced over 30 videographers and narrowed it down to 3 for me and oli to decide.he was her fave but she didn`t tell us.we liked him the best. he charged about 850 including travel and we have got the highlights sequence, all the ceremony all the speeches and lots lots more.

the horse and carriage company are really fab.their web ad is http://www.foxdellcarriages.co.uk/about.htm although it is a pants site and doesn`t do tem justice.

they have got lots of carriages and it was really romantic and special to go and choose our carriage together then go to the stables and meet and choose the horses xx
  • he seemed to cover a lot for you, what package did you have? I have checked out the horse and carrigae website, I know what you mean LOL you should be an advert for them! t's worked for me.

haha !! he just charges a set amount depending on what carriage you choose but they are extremely helpful and flexible x
  • sorry I meant the video package
  • I want a horse and carriage too but depends if we can afford it but my fiance said even if he has to walk and save even more on other things for the wedding then he cant c why i cant have one. I looked for ages online for some...at first i didnt find many but then I got a few down....I'm in northampton so not too far from leicestershire!! But i have looked at some that are based near where i live...e.g oxford to see if they do better deals. But i will check the yellow pages. If you want any webby's then I get them for ya. xx
    oh right - yeah the video man was greta and we were really pleased.

btw - my opinion on horse & carriage is you name me any other time in your whole life when you will ever go in one !!! dressed as a pricess too !! lol xx
  • I have contacted a local company via wedding services4u, they are a company based in leicestershire (Emerald horse and carriage) and the charge £600 for a pair of matching horses and Victoria carriage This comes complete with driver and groom in period livery, and includes complementary champagne.

H2b was sat with me last night while I was checking emails and he read it!!! so much for having it a surprise. I do think its a lot if I can get one for about £450-£500 then i'll do it.

Sorry Lozzy for beigna pain, I meant to ask what package did you have with your video company, A, B, C or D.

Thanks ...p.s its truw what you say about the horse and carriage, the last time i went in one was in NY with a ice cream stain on my top!! not very princess like!

lol !! we had package b cos i thought that for the extra money for c all you get extra was evening do and first dance.well we were not having a first dance and i`m not really in to looking at video of peeople making fools of themselves on dance floor! i think it was 830 but that was bec we had to pay extra for travel but he did come to the house first as we said we were having our main photos taken in the gardens there xx
  • beckyyyxxxbeckyyyxxx Posts: 1,102
    Hi i know ur not in my area but just wanted you to see my horse and carraige, (its the white 1 with red interior) www.kilveycarraigehouse.com its the one at the top of the page (shud be) its costing us £650 and will travel up to 8 miles. We were going to go with another 1 but they were £1200!! Also the horse and carraige tht jordan (katie price) had for her wedding is £1400 this includes traveling, i seen a woman in it the other day and it looked amazing!! The website is something like supremecarraiges.co.uk not a very good pic but it was beautifull image

xx
  • Thanks for sharing Becky, thats beautiful, I love the white horses

just wondered have you booked the horse and carriage? is it leicester football club you have booked? if you mail me i can send you pics of the horse and carriage, up to you xx
  • scoobiedooukscoobiedoouk Posts: 322
    i live in leicester and having one too its my cousin he is from northampton ,website us www.milllanecarriages.co.uk xxx
  • Yes I live in leicester, lozzy will mail you so you can send me some pictures. Thanks

Scoobidoo, are you getting married in Leicester too? whens the big day?
  • clairenrobclairenrob Posts: 1
    Quoted:

i'm in the plymouth area - so if you need to know company name or anythin else give me a shout

xxxx
    Can you let me know the name of that company on here please, I just joined to ask you this. image
  • StelzarStelzar Posts: 1
    Have you found a carriage company to do your wedding yet? When is your wedding if you don't mind me asking?
  • heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848
    This thread was from 2008 folks image