Anyone getting married in cornwall?

Hi, Im new to this board and so glad I have found it image Im maxine and been with df for 9 years and were getting married next sep (date to be set) we was going to go abroad but due to family we have now decided to have a small wedding in cornwall followed by a nice evening reception, Was just wondering if anyone else is planning on getting married here as I am finding it hard to find a nice venue and night entertainment etc, to be honest i dont know where to start as plan a (going abroad) was all sorted but now were on plan b lol. we live in hayle and wanting to get married in registry office and reception in local area so around st ives way, anyone know of any nice function/hotel rooms ? x

• Hey im getting married next october at the headland hotel in newquay, we are finding it hard to find evening entertainment too although still not sure if we want a band or disco! dont know the st ives area that well but have herd that tregenna castle is ment to be amazing x

• VanaukVanauk Posts: 245
    Hi There !

I'm a Cornwall bride and having the same problem finding a venue.

Have you thought about a local Hotel ?

try :

www.tregenna-castle.co.uk

www.porthminster-hotel.co.uk

www.chyanalbanyhotel.com

www.bluehayes.co.uk

These are all in or near St Ives.

Della7 - We're having issues with enteratinment and at the moment leaning towards an ipod DJ night. So our friends can put together a playlist of their fave tunes - bring their ipods and hopefully the dancefloor will be full all night yay.

We're going to send something out with the invites explaining !
  • Hiya, I am getting married in May at Truro registry office - Delvenie House - and having the recpetion at the Bay Hotel in Newquay - it took my about 2 years to find the venue though! It is hard down here - also very frustrating that there are no discounts for out of season or mid week however the Bay Hotel is beautiful and think it was worth the wait! There are some lovley places if you have the budget for them. Hope you find the right place for you x
  • I am a Cornish bride.

I am getting married in Redruth next year.

My maid of honour got married last year and had their wedding at Porthminster. That was a really nice meal (but different as they are vegetarian). Also in Oct last year went to a 'posh' wedding at Tregenna. The grounds are nice but wouldn't pay the extra for that venue.
  • GalenaukGalenauk Posts: 218
    ours will be in September next year.

a handfasting on a favourite spot on the moors, and then doing the legal bit at Carnglaze Caverns beside the subterranean lake.