brides to be in worcester area???

hey any brides 2 b in the worcester area..... was proposed to in paris new year.. we want to start planning and want some people to talk to in same position x x:

• Hiya

when you getting married? I live in germany but i am having the wedding in the west midlands or worcester area as my parents live by the lickey hills. I am getting married in 2012 though due to money!

• Hey hanna25,

We got engaged on Dec 7th and are getting married in worc as it's where we're both from. (Now living in Glos.)

Have you decided on anything yet?

What was your proposal like? x :\)

[Modified by: MrsYates2B on January 09, 2009 11:25 PM]

• hey thanks for replies...my proposal was really romantic.. we were stood under the eiffel tower.. wasmeant to be going up but was closed lol.

how about yours??

we just keep going thro the internet looking at bits.. finding it hard for a venue tho as we live in a small village.

ru on facebook??

prob silly question but easier to chat if you wana x x
  • Aaw, your proposal sounds really lovely!

We'd just decorated the christmas tree and turned the fairy lights on when Andy asked. Was incredibly romantic although it might not sound like it!

I used to live in a small village too and really miss it! Am trying to find a way of moving back some day!

Not a silly question at all, but I'm sorry to say I must be the only person left in the world not to be on facebook! x
  • he he thats ok no prob..... that does sound really nice.. ian said he was soooo nervous bout the whole thing bless um.

where u originally from then?

howold r ya if u dont mind me askin??

u got kids??

bin and looked at a venue 2day... soooo expensive tho x
  • ACE2bACE2b Posts: 106
    Hi Hanna25, I live in Worcester and am getting married in April 2010. I haven't done too much planning yet, just booked church and reception venue. I'm looking at cars at the moment. We ordered our wedding rings last weekend, so I'm looking forward to getting them. Have you decided where you are going to get married or when yet?
  • hanna25,

I'm from a tiny village called Callow End which nobody has ever heard of! Where are you from?

I'm 27 and Andy's 28. been together for 4 and a half years now.

No kids yet but I do work with them which is amazing!

I knew that the proposal was on it's way as we'd bought the ring together but andy said he was still nervous!

What venue did you look at? x
  • Quoted:
    hanna25,

I'm from a tiny village called Callow End which nobody has ever heard of! Where are you from?

I'm 27 and Andy's 28. been together for 4 and a half years now.

No kids yet but I do work with them which is amazing!

I knew that the proposal was on it's way as we'd bought the ring together but andy said he was still nervous!

What venue did you look at? x

I know Callow End, I live in Malvern!

Hi Ladies
  • ACE2bACE2b Posts: 106
    HI Vickyliquorice are you getting married in Worcestershire?
  • ElxElx Posts: 126
    Hello Ladies

I know Callow End, I used to live there and went to the primary school, some years ago though. I used to live in Worcester and know Malvern really well !!!!!! All my family and friends live in Worcs.

I live in Cardiff now but am getting married at Dumbleton Hall which is near Evesham.

I do miss Worcs x x
  • Elx, how long ago did you go to Callow End primary? I'm 27 now so wondering if we knew each other! I miss worc too, Gloucestershire just isn't the same!

Vickyliquorice, I'm amazed that somebody else knows of Callow End! Did you go to school in Malvern?

x x
  • hey i know callow end as im originally from redditch.

im 25 and ian is 27 i also used 2 work wiv kids but have 2 of my ownn now.

we looked at whitbourne hall.. very expensive for the fact you just get the hall nuthin else.

xxxx
    Hi all and MrsYates2B

I am 31 and only went to that school for 6 months before going on to Dysons (we just moved to the area from North Wales). You should know my sister though, she is your age and went on to Dysons too, her name is Caroline Christie.

Small world hey!

x x x

• Hey guys.

Elx,

I knew Caroline (or Caz we as always called her) really well as she was one of best friends at primary shool.

So when's the big day? And is Caz playing an important part for you?

hanna25, have you thought of any other venues you might want to take a peek at?

[Modified by: MrsYates2B on January 11, 2009 08:31 PM]

[Modified by: MrsYates2B on January 12, 2009 08:00 AM]

MrsYates2B

I remember you!!!!! Caz is one of 2 bridesmaids, the other is H2b's sister, saves any arguments with the friends !!! The big day is 25.09.09, whens yours? Caz lives near Reading now, will say hello to her from you!!
  • Elx,

You once saved me at Lower Wick swimming pool when the life guard was completely useless! lol

Our date was officially set today with the vicar for 24.07.10! Very excited!

And you're right, it's a very small world!

omg I remember that!!!!!! Just mind, sooo long ago!!! You getting married in Callow End??
  • Unfortunately not Callow End. We were thinking of Powick but our recepetion is in Inkberrow so decided it would be too far for guests to go to afterwards so decided on Inkberrow church. It's where Andy grew up so seems appropriate really.

We went there today after seeing the vicar and it's simply stunning. I honestly can't wait to marry Andy.

How have you found all the planning? I'm only at the beginning and already feel overwhelmed by it all!
    Inkberrow is lovely, we nearly moved there once, Mum and Dad were going to buy The Bull after we left Callow End, we moved to Suckley instead.

I am far too laid back to organise a wedding, I love doing it but still think I am dong it for someone else!! You will be fine, get as much help from family and friends as possible x x x
  • hey no we keep lookin but findin it very difficult around here to find one... not sure watwe are going to do now x
  • Quoted:
    HI Vickyliquorice are you getting married in Worcestershire?
    Not too far away - in Gloucestershire
    Quoted:

Vickyliquorice, I'm amazed that somebody else knows of Callow End! Did you go to school in Malvern?

x x
    No I never went to school here, I am originally from Yorkshire, moved here a couple of years ago.

[Modified by: vickyliquorice on January 12, 2009 11:00 AM]

• Elx,

I've decided to not get any more overwhelmed and really enjoy getting our wedding together!

Your advice is definitely going to be taken!

vickyliquorice,

I'm living in Gloucestershire now, we moved 18 months ago from Worc.

hanna25, keep looking, something's going to pop up and you'll decide that it's just right for you!

Are you going to the Wedding Fayre at the 3 Counties in March?

xxx

• hanna25, I've changed my preferences so that you can email me if you want to. Might be easier than trying to catch each other on here! x
  • Thought of this thread - I have just got back from sledging at Callow End!!
  • I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!

Whereabouts did you go?

Must have been Ant Hill! That's the best for sledgin! Or did you go on The Old Hills?

xx
  • Yep I think it was the old hills, I'm not sure where Ant Hill is?, it was the bit with the hill opposite the nursing home, if you know where I mean. It was so much fun. We got there early and there was just us but then it started to get busy.

( From the other thread - I didn't manage to get the Wedding Rooms number today as I didnt get to go past because of the snow, but I will pop past at some point for you)

[Modified by: vickyliquorice on February 05, 2009 03:17 PM]

• Aaaw! I'm so jealous you got to go sledging where I grew up! It was the Old Hills, we used to go there when it snowed!

Glad you had fun.

As for the number for the Weddng Room, don't worry I'm in no rush. Not going dress shopping til June!

How's your planning coming along?

xx
  • Quoted:
    Aaaw! I'm so jealous you got to go sledging where I grew up! It was the Old Hills, we used to go there when it snowed!

Glad you had fun.

As for the number for the Weddng Room, don't worry I'm in no rush. Not going dress shopping til June!

How's your planning coming along?

xx
    I have a dress, and a venue, and a groom but nothing else. I am pretty chilled, my wedding will plan itself image

How about you?
  • We've got church, reception venue, car. I've got pretty relaxed about it now. It's not til July next year and although I'm still very excitedimage I have decided not to get stressed about it all. Yet!

• Hi ladies

Just bumping this up to ask what photographers you are using/looking at?