When to look for dress??

Sorry if this topic is discussed somewhere else...

When did people start looking for their dress??

Really want to start looking, but worried its that bit too early... Getting married Oct 08!!

xxx

• hi

i get married aug 08 an i'm lookin now - some of shops i have been to have said they have taken orders for 09 so i wouldnt worry about being too early - get shopping it's loads of fun!
  • Some dresses need to be ordered in and stuff and that can take months....no harm in starting to look whenever you're ready. It is great fun! Really hard not telling h2b all about it, esp if you're rubbish at keeping secrets like me! Have fun x
  • donna24577donna24577 Posts: 2,907
    Hi

When are you getting married?

I couldn't not look still do in a way, i'm getting married 29/10/08,, and fell in love with a dress last year, i haven't yet ordered it though, amy as well leave the money in my account earning intrest for a while. I will probably order it in may i will have a year and a half to go by then.
  • Thanks guys! Think I may take a look sometime soon...

xx
  • If you are looking for an off the shelf dress you will need to order this 6 months in advance so alterations can be done. If you are looking for a bespoke (Couture) gown these will need to be ordered at least 1 year in advance.

Hope this helps

• Yeah they go out of season pretty quickly so ordering ealry can be good to secure the dress you love, but be careful cos many people that do that end up wishing they hadn't becuase they have a lot of time to change their mind and see 'better ones'!
  • k8hatk8hat Posts: 820
    Go as soon as you want to hun, Im getting married August 2008, went trying on dresses with my mum on saturday for the first time and have already found the one!! Its great fun, so a bit gutted as I dont get to try on more dresses!! Anyway start now and enjoy it x
  • Hi I'm getting married in july 2008 and had exactly the same worries but was dying to start looking.By chance i saw my perfect wedding dress in a mag (charlotte balbier Rococo) and bought it last saturday. so start shopping now girl!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s has anybody seen the Rococo design by Charlotte balbier what do you think!!!!!!!;\)
  • Quoted:
    Hi I'm getting married in july 2008 and had exactly the same worries but was dying to start looking.By chance i saw my perfect wedding dress in a mag (charlotte balbier Rococo) and bought it last saturday. so start shopping now girl!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s has anybody seen the Rococo design by Charlotte balbier what do you think!!!!!!!;\)

very slinky!!! i love charlotte balbier and amanda wyatt!! have picked an atelier diagonal though!!

Sian x x x
  • Just looked at your dress - its beautiful!!

Really like it...

xxx
  • Clementine,

Thats what I'm worried about - changing my mind! Decisive (sp?!) I'm not!!

U got your dress?

xx
  • LisukLisuk Posts: 233
    i ordered mine with just over a year to go. I took me about 3 months to find one i liked and as the 'wedding dress season' lasts 3 years i wasnt worried about it looking dated at all. Plus i think it sets the theme for the whole day so until i got my dress i couldnt organise most other things.
  • fluffstafluffsta Posts: 194
    am absolutely gagging to get mine. i know the one i want and have tried it twice. am getting married July 08. wanna buy it but think people will think im jumping the gun a bit!
  • salsaspinsalsaspin Posts: 4,098
    I'm planning my wedding for Spring 2008, no date yet though. I 2 was at a Wedding Fair this aftewrnoon and one of the bridal stores recommend that I start trying dresses on in the next month or so in order to get an idea of what I like and what suits me, They also said I'd have to be ordering my dress in about August to make sure it arrives in time, but that November would be the latest they could do.

Hope that helps!
  • brookbukbrookbuk Posts: 152
    Hi,I got engaged last september and am getting married Oct '07. Ordered my dress near the end of last November should be delivered this month.
  • hi im getting married in september 07 and i brought my dress just before christmas.if any of you are on a tight budget you might want to try what i did .i tryed dresses on in bridal shop (intended on buying one from there) saw what styles suited me and started saving..then was looking on ebay and come across my dream dress.i had it custom made to my measurements. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300077917587

this is my dress. i ordered mine with a lace up back a train and extra beading on the back.i was a bit nervous until it arrived but when it did come just two weeks later i was thrilled. id say def have a god look around girls.its never too soon :O)
  • oh and was really cheap too, only cost me 120 pounds and then i could choose any crinolin petitcote for half price from the ladies shop too! have fun looking girls x
  • justsarahukjustsarahuk Posts: 189
    Hi

Im getting married Oct 08..and im looking for my dress now..im sooo excited,and i too think that your dress kinds sets the theme for your wedding

Im actually watching a dress on ebay at the moment...just under 48 hours left..its a Maggie Sottero

wish me luck image

will post a pic if im the winning bidder
  • oo good luck x
  • NomisukNomisuk Posts: 20
    Hi

Have just been dong a search for the 'charlotte balbier Rococo' dress, and came up with this thread.

I can only find photos of the back of the dress - which is exactly what I am looking for.

Would anyone have or know where to find more pictures? I know this thread was started a while ago, but if anyone knows anything about this dress, I would be really grateful.

THANKS
  • tt25777tt25777 Posts: 2,239
    I'm getting married on the 29th Nov 08 and ordered my dress a couple of weeks ago. I had heard that it takes between 6 and 9 months for the dresses to be made, so wanted to give myself plenty of time. My dress is due in in April, the shop will box it up for me to store at home, and then I can take it back for alterations and to be pressed nearer the wedding.