Shrigley Hall Cheshire anyone??????

Hi all,

Just seeing if there are any other B2B getting married at Shrigley Hall or who have got married there? I would love to know how your getting on with your plans and where you are getting things from. I have been given quotes for things and dont know if im being ripped off so would love to compare notes!!

We get married in July 2010. Let me know your thoughts ideas or ask if i can help in anyway.

Happy planning

Nat xx:\)

• angelesqueukangelesqueuk Posts: 191
    The only thing I do know is a friend of a friend recently got married there - booked it in July 08. I know that the initial quote was too expensive for them, so when Shrigley called they said they couldn't afford to go with them. The venue came back to them with a much lower quote and they did book Shrigley in the end. So I guess don't go with their first quote!
  • Cheeky10_2Cheeky10_2 Posts: 1,989
    I'm mottram hall up the road if it helps!!??

we've probably got the same lot of suppliers to choose from! What have you had quotes in for so far?

I loved shrigley hall, but we ended up booking mottram
  • ddickson246ddickson246 Posts: 107
    Hi Nat

we are getting married at Nether Alderley Church and having our reception at Shrigley in just under 3 weeks! Im soooooo excited and nervous at the same time! heh heh!

If you want to email me with your quotes etc I can let you know what they are charging us, I have to say its not the cheapest venue we looked at, but the minimum spends means that we have been able to have more than we first thought.

Bet you cant wait

H xxx
  • AnnaBrideAnnaBride Posts: 640
    We are also looking at Shrigley Hall.

I had a show around and a meeting with them a week or so ago. Everything is pretty much as expected, but we're still checking out a few other places!

Are you looking anywhere else too?? xxx
  • Junebride2bJunebride2b Posts: 333
    I'm June 2010 at Adlington Hall which is again just up the road!

Might have similar florist etc if it helps!
  • n8tybn8tyb Posts: 84
    Hey ladies, thanks to you all for spending to time to reply.

angelesque - I wish I had know this before I went ahead and booked it....eeek!! There is no re-negotiating the prices now I doubt!!! I wish I'd been as brave as your friend, I'm so rubbish at bartering!!! Good luck to you and your friend!!

cheeky10_2 - Mottram Hall is absolutly stunning your so lucky. It was the venue dressing that im most shocked about. I do want quite a few various things, like seat covers, sashes, led curtain, lighting for the venue etc but had no idea things were so expensive. Just for the dressing alone I have been quoted £1600!!! Which does not include my flowers. Are you doing venue dressing & florists seperate? Who are you using?

Helsbels1984 - 3WEEKS!!!!!! oh my gosh, how excited must you be feeling right now!!! Which suite have you booked? We are having the Tilden suite upstairs in the chapel. Its not cheap is it? What do you mean about the minimum spends, sounds like something i might be able to do to lower my costs....woo hoo im all for this. If you could let me have you email address, I'll let you know what my quotes are and who from and if you could recommend someone else, that would be great!! Thanks so much and have a fabulous day!!!

Annabelluh - Which suite are you looking at? What did you think? Are you going for it or have you seen anything else since? We have already booked it now, but we looked at quite a few other venues like, Tytherington Golf club, Alderley Edge Hotel, Adlington Hall, and now my minds gone blank. But H2B really loved Shrigley as the residence bar is open all night!!!!! Typical bloke eh??? Let me know what you decide!! We can compare notes!!

MrsPoole2b - Adlington Hall is beautiful, everything about it is stunning, a couple of my friends have got married there!!! What have you booked so far? Who are you using? Are you getting the gates opened for your photos?

Thanks all you lot for all your help and support so far!! Its good to know we are all going throught this together, i think my friends are getting bored of me rambling on all the time about the wedding!!!

Good luck to you all

Love Nat xxxxx
  • AnnaBrideAnnaBride Posts: 640
    Hi Nat!

What date have you booked??? We were looking at the William Turner suite for the reception and the room next door for the actual ceremony (I forget what it is called - began with a B!).

We are looking at other places but that's because I'm so incredibly picky!

My only worry with that suite is that I'm only having 50 people for the day and I think they may be a little "lost" in there. How many guests are you having???

Quoted:
    Hi Nat

we are getting married at Nether Alderley Church and having our reception at Shrigley in just under 3 weeks! Im soooooo excited and nervous at the same time! heh heh!

If you want to email me with your quotes etc I can let you know what they are charging us, I have to say its not the cheapest venue we looked at, but the minimum spends means that we have been able to have more than we first thought.

Bet you cant wait

H xxx

Hels bells - you are my church twin!!! yeay!!! I haven't found any other twins as yet!! x

Sorry - got a bit over excited then!!! x
    Quoted:

cheeky10_2 - Mottram Hall is absolutly stunning your so lucky. It was the venue dressing that im most shocked about. I do want quite a few various things, like seat covers, sashes, led curtain, lighting for the venue etc but had no idea things were so expensive. Just for the dressing alone I have been quoted £1600!!! Which does not include my flowers. Are you doing venue dressing & florists seperate? Who are you using?

Love Nat xxxxx

Hi Nat,

We're not until 2011 (so we can save enough) but yes, the venue dressing prices are quite high. I was hoping to provide my own table decorations (ie vases, candles flowers etc) but the venue will only put so much of it together. - so still working on that one! Mottram want £5-something a chair for the covers, I'm hoping they will let me use other suppliers!

I'm glad you said my venue is stunning, I've started to have real wobbles about it and have been thinking we've chosen the wrong place.

To be honest, I was thinking of looking around again.

No body on here seems to have heard of it!

I'm soooo pleased that I've just found a church twin....yeay Hels xxxx

• tonk27tonk27 Posts: 23
    Hi

is everyone local to this area?

im getting married next may, i looked a Shriggley hall but i have booked the palace hotel in buxton, its another barcelo hotel and it took me ages to decide between them. if im honest i really love shriggley and the court yard area at the back and i would of loved to of had a bbq there for my evening reception

the palace has sentimental value h2b parents stayed there on their wedding night

i think i have got the wobbles about the venue the palace i really loved it when we went to look all 3 times! but it has some very mixed reviews on trip adviser that its looking shabby , it was the old and not so perfect features that i loved almost a bit of character to the place.

or i may of had rose tinted glasses on??!!...cheaky10-2 you dont need to worry mottram is stunning

im using a florist in poynton called Sarah she came recommended from a friend who had used them and they are just down the road

http://www.greenearthflowers.co.uk/weddings/wedding-portfolio.php?rebekahanddamian

xx
    Hi Mrstonk2b

Thanks...I am really having wobbles about the venue!

The palace in buxton is lovely, good choice

Thanks for the flower recomendation, I'll put her on my list

• tonk27tonk27 Posts: 23
    HI Cheeky10-2

have you booked your date at Mottram? 2011 must seam like forever away , im so glad i had loads of time to plan though,its half the fun.

My friend is going to a wedding i think its the 22 of may at Mottram, what are your worries maybe i could get her to report back?

xx
    Quoted:
    HI Cheeky10-2

have you booked your date at Mottram? 2011 must seam like forever away , im so glad i had loads of time to plan though,its half the fun.

My friend is going to a wedding i think its the 22 of may at Mottram, what are your worries maybe i could get her to report back?

xx

Hi Mrs Tonk

Thanks for your message. Yes, we've booked our date...and yes it feels like ages away!

The only thing that is niggling my brain is the suite where the reception will be held. I'm just not sure how the lay out for the room will be in the evening. I'm basically just wondering if it will look daft that the band won't be on a stage and the room isn't big enough.......I am just being silly really.

I think it is because I was torn between two venues and I'm just wobbling that we made the right choice.

It would be good if you could get some feedback from your friend once she has been to the wedding in May. I've not really found any reviews on Mottram before now, so would be good to hear something, positive or negative!

Many thanks x
  • FabfashFabfash Posts: 26
    Oh what a great venue you lucky ladies, I am getting married at Kilhey court and have booked The Pixie house www.thepixiehouse.co.uk for venue dressing we have paid £749.00 for 80 guests for full venue dressing with table plans, favours, placecards, chair covers, centrepieces and loads more things try them - I am really excited.... whats your colour theme - I am going white and plum xx
    Hi Fabfash

We went to a wedding at Kihley court last year, it was great and the food was really lovely.

They had a BBQ for the evening reception which was fab too!

Good choice! x
  • carla1987ukcarla1987uk Posts: 82
    Hello Ladies...

Hpoe all your planning is going well. I've booked my wedding for Ingewood Manor does anybody know it?

Im not from chesire, but it was a good half way between our parents. Any quotes and ideas would really be appreciated.

Hppy Planning

Carla
    Hi Carla, sorry I haven't heard of Inglewood Manor....sounds posh though! x
    Cheeky10_2...

Hows your planning going?

Have you made any good contacts or good quotes for anyhting in the area?

Carla xx
    Hi Carla,

So far we've got the church, venue and cars booked.

I've provisionally booked the videographer, just need to send him the deposit!

Next on the list is the photographer, we've found one we love, just trying to justify the costs at the moment!

We're still in two minds as to whether to go for it, or try and save for other things.

I've not really had anything that great that I 've ended up booking, I'm finding alot of suppliers won't give me a firm offer on price for 2011 yet.....I'll probably get down to it a bit more next year (and going to the GMEX wedding fayre in October)

What about you? what have you got booked?

Jo x
    Hiya Jo...x

we actually have a lot booked now as our wedding is only 8 months away...a bit scary really!!!

We made a great deal with our photographer. We met them at a wedding fayre at our venue. They seemed a really nice couple, when we explained our budget they said they would do all the usual coverage for us but give us our own disc instead of doing all the work themselves after. We are paying £500 instead of there usual £1000. If your intrested in that option i can send you there link?

I found a lovely chair cover comapny -jjs venue dressing. She really niceand offers silk flowers incorperated with your bow/sash, very resonable too.

Have you decided on a colour theme? Or more importantly have you chosen a dress yet?

Carla x

• ddickson246ddickson246 Posts: 107
    Hi ladies!!

Cant believe how quickly its all coming round, a week tomorrow! oh my word!

Jo, so nice to find a church buddy! i havent got one either! James is so sweet isnt he? he doesn make me laugh!

Nat, we are indeed having the Tilden Suite, my email address is [email protected] if i can help any of you with anything?

Helen xx
    Hi Helsbels

Yep, James is great!!! When is your date?

Are you local? (gosh that sounds like something out of the league of gentlemen!)
  • Hi guys,

I have just booked July 2010 in the Tilden Suite and am now panicking about dressing that huge room??

Does anybody have any pictures of their day in the Tilden suite??

@HelsBels1984......coincidently we went for a quick look around Shrigley at the weekend, was that your reception set up in the Tilden....if so that was absouletely gorgeous!!! Where did you get the sparkling backdrop that covered the walls??
    Hi Jen,

What date do you get married then? Where you having your ceremony? I know what you mean about the room, its quite big isn't it? That is one of my worries!!!

Helbels - how did your day go? I'm sure everything was fantastic!! Thanks for the email i will email you if you dont mind to find out any little tips you could give me!! How were the staff, did everything go according to plan?

Hope you had a truely lovely day!!!

Love Nat xxx
  • jodie28ukjodie28uk Posts: 2
    We are thinking of the Wedding in a BOx offer at Shrigley, has any1 had any experience of this?? Thanks xx
  • Hi Nat, we have booked for 9th July 2010! And having the ceremony in the woodford suite at shrigley hall. What is your date and how many guests are you having? I'm so excited, just getting into the swing of all the planning!

Jodie- We are having the wedding in a box package. It's really good deal with value for money. Just in the process of meeting all the suppliers and they are all great and come highly reccommended! This was part of the reason we went for the package as they all do many weddings at shrigley hall and are all familiar with the surroundings, ie Mike Allen the photographer will know exactly which shots work best where! It also saves a lot of time vetting different suppliers as you know they are reccomended. Hope this helps.

JEN
  • jodie28ukjodie28uk Posts: 2
    Jen..thanks so much, feel much better now! Hoping to book it in the next week, cant wait! x could u add to the package (like have a bigger cake, improve the buffet and have extra guests and pay more??) They have said we will prob have the William Turner Suite, did i see u got the bigger suite, how did u manage it, or are u having lots more guests than the 40? Sorry for so many questions!!!! x

[Modified by: jodie28 on May 27, 2009 11:06 PM]

• Hi Jodie, Yes we are having the Tilden (the bigger round room) Iwe just preferred it to the william turner suite as it has much more character and space to move around the tables in a big dress!!!!! We also decided that you could really be in any hotel with the william turner as it is similar to a lot of other venues rooms, but with the Tilden it jujst has that wow factor. Yes you can upgrade any of the package features to whatever you want, just bear in mind that it will definately cost extra, so be careful!! We have been to see the room dressers today who do all the tables and the chair covers. They are reeally good, I'm jus so confused as there is so much choice I cant decide what i want! Yes we are having 70guests to the day and about 120 to the eve, so yes you can add on, but again beware as the prices soon shoot up!

JEN

P.s ask away!!! Its nice to share wedding stuff
    Hi Jen,

We are getting married on the 31st July 2010, so you are before me!! We are having about 100 guests to the day and about an extra 30 to the eve, am starting to panic about things though!! We are just in the middle of booking all the big stuff so far like photographer, videographer etc. What is this box package that everyone is having? I didnt know about it and now feel like im missing out on something cool!!!

How are you managing to have 70 guests in the tilden suite? We were told we ahd to have 95 at the least? Is this to do with the box package?

So what have you booked so far? Where you getting your chair covers etc from?

Love Nat xxxx
  • carol_wild1carol_wild1 Posts: 478
    Hi

We are getting married in September 2010 and have booked Shrigley Hall the Tilden Suite for our reception!

So far haven't made many more plans...currently looking into wedding cars for the day...does anyone have any recommendations?

Hope the planning is going well for everyone.!