Hotel or Marquee

Hi Guys

I've just joined the site. Im getting married on 14th May 2011 and im having a nightmare on whether to book a hotel or Marquee. Im looking at a £3000 budget, and just wanted to see if anyone had any opinion's on it or had any experience's?

Thanks

Tracey

xxx:\)

• Welcome..

Hello there!

I have been very undecided about having a Marquee but we are getting married in a Castle so i feel if we had a Marquee it would take away the theme & its so beautiful inside!

Have a good look around if you find a lovely Hotel but not the rooms have a Marquee & if you love the Hotel go for that!

Just have a good look - its your special day image

Good Luck

Xxx

• Hi TheWig22

I would definately go for a marquee... especially if you could drape it & have loads of fairy lights.... It's so magical!

Try this site for a selection of marquee hire companies:

http://www.wedding-suppliers.net/

They may be able to assist you in finding the right venue...

Good Luck!
  • nozzyuknozzyuk Posts: 106
    I'd have a careful look at all the costs for both options before you confirm anything - I hadmy heart set on a marquee and thought it would be cheaper than a hotel but you end up having to hire everything in - flooring, lighting, heaters, furniture, loos....and it ended up being far more expensive than the hotel we've now booked!
  • I'm really biased because i'm having a marquee! It actually worked out much cheaper than a hotel, costing us approx £2800, for the marquee, tables, chairs, decorations, loos (dead posh!) and a 3 course bbq sit down meal for 105 people, a pimms welcome drink, 3 bottles of wine per table, and a champagne toast. We also got the bbq, an evening buffet and the hire of plates and glasses etc in that cost. It was basically everything reception wise!

Thing is with a hotel, you're pretty much tied into their menu and costs, whereas you can shop around and get some great deals with a marquee x x x
  • Thank you so much for all your help.

We have decided to go for a hotel, but we are having a marquee in the garden so i've got the best of both worlds!!

Here was me thinking this wedding planning was going to be easy! lol

xx