Advice please

Hi All

Tried my wedding dress on today and it's wonderful. I am just so pleased with it. It fits perfectly but can be altered if I manage to lose some weight - no pressure as I don't have to!

I need a bit of advice though. I am a bit worried about the day - I think I will be quite nervous and when I get nervous I sweat! Does anyone else have the same problem or any suggestions how I can avoid spending the day with damp underarms!

Thanks

Laura

• March08BrideMarch08Bride Posts: 1,993
    What tye of dress do you have? I dont personally have that problem, my problem is that I go really red on my neck and chest when I'm anxious so hoping to get that under control! Perhaps u could see ur doctor to see if theres anything they can suggest? You'll have to experiment with deoderants! x
  • pjmatthewpjmatthew Posts: 196
    Mithlen is great deodarant, think I spelt this right, it's in green packaging
  • fireforhairfireforhair Posts: 183
    Mitchum is the one that pjmatthew means (sorry to correct you!!) and that's what I use and it is the only thing that works for me. I once tried something prescribed but it is V V harsh if you're a bit sensitive. You'd have to go to the doc and you put it on the night before - believe me you will not sweat at all but it can't be a great thing for your armpits!
  • AndipinkAndipink Posts: 657
    I tried a prescription one too Fireforhair and it burned my underarms and I couldn't bear to have anthing touching them the following day. Not much fun at all!!
  • kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    Ouch image Andipink, how horrid!!

I was going to recommend Mitchum too, give it a whirl before the wedding though and see how you get on. I'm allergic to some anti-persps and you don't want to have (dry but) itchy pits on your wedding day image

xx
  • deniseoukdeniseouk Posts: 1,920
    Hi

I used to have serious sweating problems and my arms used to be soaking as soon as I put any clothes on.

I tried all the usual stuff including Mitchum, however none worked.

I then went on to buy Driclor and Antiforte which you can buy over the counter from Boots. Got to admit, they did hurt and give me a rash at first but with how bad I used to be the irritation was worth it as now I do not sweat at all.

Don't know how long it is before you get married but I'd give these a go to see how you get on.

• Pr1nces5Pr1nces5 Posts: 2,581
    I also get really nervous and sweat a bit more, especially on the right side.. I'm strange. But after a reccomendation from a friend I use Mitchum. Works a treat for me.
  • mrsj2008mrsj2008 Posts: 763
    I use Mitchum which works really well but I got the none perfumed one last week and it doesnt work at all..... stay clear of that one just in case anyone else is thinking of buying it x
  • clairedc1clairedc1 Posts: 574
    triple dry by linden voss is ace too, i used to sweat loads and tried mitchum but it only worked for a while and still left white marks which the triple dry one doesnt.
  • ElSebukElSebuk Posts: 842
    I had the triple dry for my sister's wedding when I was BM (hottest day of year, so was really needed) - you put it on over night & then wash it off in the morning (if I remember correctly), and it worked wonders for me!!!
  • bushbaby1982bushbaby1982 Posts: 339
    I've heard you can have some kind of injection (botox maybe? Not sure) that stops you sweating under your arms!
  • fiona-mareefiona-maree Posts: 394
    driclor as mentioned earlier is a definite one for you to try. it comes in a tiny lil bottle in a box and lasts for ages. it stings like hell the first time, do not put it on after shavin and perhaps just try lil dots for your first go. but it works, really, really, it builds up and then you can reduce it down to one use per week. or, if it's a really serious problem try botox injections in your unerarms, apparently it works!