2nd time for H2B

H2B and I are really making it hard on ourselves!

We want a church wedding but h2b is divorced and she is still living. Our local parish church already says on their website that they won't marry if there is a divorce.

We are looking at our reception venue on Saturday whish is about 30 mins away from where we live. However, we have found an absolutely gorgeous church not far from the venue,

So I suppose my question is - what do you reckon the chances of getting a church outside your parish with a divorce also likely to be? Has anyone done this? Any help in how to approach them would be aprreciated.

We thought about a blessing and a civil ceremony but we cannot find a civil ceremony venue that suits us.

• I have heard that certain churches will mary if there has been a divorce (second time round for my H2B too) But youu have to make an appointment and speak to the bishop. We thught of doing this but in the end i decided i would really like to have the ceremony and the reception in the sam eplace, less hassel i hought. My advice would be to contact the church directly and ask, what harm can it do? and you never know until you try! Good luck image x
  • MistyxxMistyxx Posts: 1,679
    H2b has been married before. We are getting married in a church outside of our parish.

I think it all depends on the vicar. The vicar at our church wanted 4 meetings but he moved to another church after just 1 meeting. Our details were then passed over to the Dean.. one meeting with him and our date and time was booked!

Arrange a meeting with him and take it from there x
    Sorry forgot to say.. the vicar will want to talk about the divorce.

If the end of the previous marriage wasn't your h2b's fault, you shouldn't have a problem but again this depends on the vicar.

Good luck! x
  • GigerFanGigerFan Posts: 139
    Thanks guys.

We've decided to go for something completely different and get married in Switzerland instead!

We will have a blessing when we come back so will still need to speak to the vicar.
    Switzerland.. that sounds wonderful! image x