Not sure if my H2B will like my dress?

Hey everyone...

I've got a few dilemmas about my dress....help!!

I'm not getting married until Sept 2010 but I've already got my dress. It was a real impulse buy as the shop had a one day sale on! It is beautiful however it really isn't the style I ever thought I would have chosen!? It is a princess style dress with a big train very traditional. I originally wanted something super chic and fitted. Maybe a fishtail or mermaid style.

I really don't know whether my H2B will like my dress?!? He's made comments before saying that he sees me in something fitted and flowing. He also said please don't buy a wedding dress like my mums (she re-married in 2005) I looked at the photos from her wedding and my dress is similar in a lot of ways!! I could have cried!!!

I do feel like a princess in it and my mum loves it. I'm just constantly twoing and froing in my mind about it. I even went back to the shop to try on again but when I tried it on I loved it?!!

I just don't know what to do? Shall I try on some more dresses to put my mind at rest??

Any help will be appreciated!! xxx:\?

• FAYE1983FAYE1983 Posts: 853
    Hey hun you sound just like me!

I too have fell in love with a princess style gown, and since buying it have never been totally sure if H2B will like it. But i figured as long as i like it and i feel a million dollars in it then i can't go wrong. He wont be wearing it, so rather than trying to second guess what he might like me in or buy something i know 'he could see me in' iv gone with me heart.

Good luck hun, im sure he will love it

xxx
  • TheNemoTheNemo Posts: 929
    When you walk into the room glowing with love he won't see your dress he will just see his beautiful bride. If you ask him what it is about your mum's dress he doesn't like it maybe that he just doesn't want you to look like her, but every bride is different, men have a hard time imagining us in a dress so he probably has a weird idea of how it would look on you. I bet he'll love it.
  • Br2BBr2B Posts: 163
    I'm sure he will love you in whatever you wear. You're his bride on the day and you're bound to look stunning!

I can honestly say I never thought about what H2B will think... he's got two choices hasn't he, lol!
  • Quoted:
    He also said please don't buy a wedding dress like my mums (she re-married in 2005) I looked at the photos from her wedding and my dress is similar in a lot of ways!! I could have cried!!!

oh hun, you will look TOTALLY different to his mum!! you're totally different people, different ages, different sizes etc he will not look at you and think 'wow she looks just like my mum' I PROMISE!!

Quoted:
    I do feel like a princess in it and my mum loves it. I'm just constantly twoing and froing in my mind about it. I even went back to the shop to try on again but when I tried it on I loved it?!!

I just don't know what to do? Shall I try on some more dresses to put my mind at rest??

maybe, if you really want to - but try on completely different styles - not similar to yours buth with a few different beads etc. and this will probably confuse you even more!

BUT - you also said earlier he thinks he can see you in something fitted - that doesnt mean thats that what will look best on you!! you say you feel like a princess and your mum loves it! Thats all thats important in my mind! I'm sure you look a million dollars! :\)
  • I'm sure he'll love you in it once he sees you! It's supposed to be a surprise to him anyway image

Try not to worry about it and as long you love it and feel comfortable in it, you'll be the one wearing it all day after all!
  • Hey girls...

Thank you so much for the moral support.

Have to say I do feel slightly better!! Yes you are right if I feel like a princess and feel beautiful then I really shouldn't worry as I'm sure he will too.

Its just so nerve wracking as I want it to be perfect!!

I've decided to organise another dress fitting with my two best friends (bridesmaids) very soon as I know they will honest with me!!

Thanks again....xxxxximage