Panicking!!Reassurance needed pleaaaaaaaaaase x

Hi Ladies

I have my wedding booked for 3pm and my friend has panicked me saying I wont have much time for photos and a wedding breakfast before the evening reception starts.

My reception venue is approx 15mins from church.

I cant change the time of the wedding.please reassure me that I will have enough time!!

xxxx

• You'll have plenty of time! The only thing you won't have time for is that boring endless hanging around. Don't panic!
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    you will, stop worrying and have a great day
  • Thanks, feel much better now :0)
  • I'm sure you'll have time ... but it does mean you probably won't have any time between the wedding breakfast and the reception to take a little break.

Is the reception in the same room as the breakfast? If it is you'll need to factor in how long it will take to clear away the breakfast and decorate for the reception.

• Im sure you'll be fine! What time does your reception start? x
  • lf4ctlf4ct Posts: 352
    CazD2009 i'm not getting married until 2pm and we have been told by the hotel that we'll have loads of time and will even be able to sneak away for a break for half an hour so i'm sure it'll be totally fine hun. xx
  • Hiya

Mines at 3 too and im worrying about it too, as ours in October and I dont want it to be too dark for the pictures. Speak to you photographer. Ours is taking alot of pictures before the church then one final shot outside and straight to the reception so fingers crossed all will be ok.
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    We're getting married at 3 too for exactly that reason - I don't want there to be loads of hanging about time. It will be fine! image
  • loulou_bloulou_b Posts: 466
    i dont want to panic you but we got married at 2pm and i thought we didnt have enough time!!

but as long as youre organised and have someone to move everything along you should be fine.

your venue might be 15 mins away, but are you having a vintage car? these sometimes take a little longer.

check with your photographer how long they need for all the formal shots, and the ones of you & hubby. then plan around it!

Make sure the venue has your plan for the day, at least then they can make sure youre in the right place at the right time! because believe me, the time will move quickly and i didnt wear a watch so didnt have a clue of the time for most of the day.

Basically, dont panic and just get efficient before hand, and on the day just enjoy it and let everyone else do all the worrying!
  • MrsSmileyjulyMrsSmileyjuly Posts: 1,818
    We're getting married at 4pm because we want it to be non-stop action! haha. nothing worse than waiting about at a wedding it is incredibly boring! We just want fun fun fun! I want my photos done rapidly so that my guests are not sitting about waiting on us! 3pm is perfect!
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    We are getting married at 3pm but everything of ours is in the same place. I think you will have enough time as sometimes weddings can be way too drawn out.

Just make sure you are organised so there is less chance of things over running and eating into time for other things, that is what i am going to try and do!
  • kerriganchankerriganchan Posts: 1,019
    Mine is at 3pm and we should have loads of time, as long as everything is organised there should be no worries. Your venues will have done this before so will know what they are doing! xXx
  • i would love to have a 3pm wedding but my venue couldnt let me as we needed both the largest reception room for ceremony and marquee for wedding breakfast and the want to sell the largest room off for someone elses wedding breakfast, so 12.30 wedding for us, now i have the oppisite problem of it being such a loing day(i loved the venue too much to not do this).............i think a 3pm wedding will be perfect.....good luck
  • i got married at 130pm and we ended having too much time so time think 3pm is probably the perfect time for getting married. If u can why not have photos taken at ur reception venue instead of at the church if u think that u might be pushed for time. x
  • Lucky you and Lucky guests!

No long hanging around periods and straight into the party after dinner!

you will have loads of time and you will have all morning to relax and be serene!

talk to your Tog and check how much time they need and get someone to organise the people for the photos so they are ready before they are needed that will save a good bit of time!