Tewin Bury Farm

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone would mind telling me how much this venue roughly costs?

I have looked at their website and it looks lovely but there is no indication of how much it costs. I would probably be looking at one of the smaller rooms.

Thanks,

Nic,xx

• Gemmauk1Gemmauk1 Posts: 646
    Hi, the smallest room is The Millstream and thats £725 or £950 for friday, saturday, sunday and including ceremony. Without ceremony it is £425 or £625 for Fri, Sat, Sun. The stable is the same prices and the Tythe Barn is £995 - £1900.

Catering is £78.50 or £84.50 plus there are a la carte options. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more details!
  • ndaymondndaymond Posts: 196
    Thannks Gem,

We have booked to go and see the Millstream suite but can't go until next week! Boo!

Did you look around the Millstream?

xx
    No, we only looked at the tythe barn as we have 100 guests. I have seen pictures in the brochure though and it looks lovely! Let me know how you get on!
  • elaineclarkeelaineclarke Posts: 946
    Ni Nic, we have booked the Millstream Suite for our wedding next August. You will love it!! The Millstream Suite if so light and airy and there is a second room adjoined to it for your use too. The private gardens are stunning with a river running through it. There is a pagoda in the garden and you have the option for marrying under it - which i think we will do. Before you go, ask if you can view the bedrooms too - they are so beautiful - you will be very impressed. I found all their staff extremely helpful and they have my total respect and trust for our big day.

Let me know how you get on - also what date are you getting married?
    Mumma, how do you think it will work with the photos as there is obviously more than one wedding on at a time? And is there more than one Bridal Suite?
    I would imagine the majority of photos will be taken in our own private garden area. Also, I think it is a case of wait and see what other weddings are going on and at what time. Our photographer said he usually finds out nearer the time and can then organise whereabouts all the photos are taken, depending on what time each wedding is and in which venue at Tewin. Photos can be taken I believe anywhere at Tewin and I guess everyone will work together so we do not all clash! You are getting married the day after me - what time is your ceremony - you never know I may still be around on your day!
  • ndaymondndaymond Posts: 196
    Thanks mumma,

We are hoping to get married in May next year but are quite flexible. I can't wait to see it but I was worried that it looked quite small in a picture I saw. How many guests are you having?

Also, do you know if there is room to set up evening entertainment there too?

Thanks,x
    The ceremony is at 12 Mumma, so you may see me!

Gem, just think when we are probably having breakfast you will be arriving!! Our day will have finished and yours will be just starting!

Nic, we are having approx 45 guests for the wedding breakfast and up to 100 in total for the evening. They had a wedding fair in March this year and the Millstream Suite had many tables set up and there will be plenty of space. When we originally viewed it, the room was actually being set up for a wedding that morning. AS far as I am concerned there was plenty of room and the ceremony would take place in the Millstream suite itself. Of course you have the option to marry in their gardens under the pagoda if you wish!

There is another separate room adjoining the Millstream Suite room which can be used while the ceremony chairs are being moved and the tables set up. When you go along they will tell you how it all works anyway. There is a small bar in the Millstream Suite which is totally yours. When you go, I think you will find that it looks a lot bigger than on the website. Particularly the gardens, they seemed great and I can just imagine all the guests sitting out there! The disco can be set up in the Millstream Suite - our dj said he has done many weddings there and is not a problem with size, etc.

Nic - just wondered if you have been to view this venue yet - how did you get on? what did you think?
  • lausthefoxlausthefox Posts: 18
    Hi girls,

Can i come in on this conversation, imgetting married at tewinbury in 33 days!!! very excited.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hi hun, which venue are you in? Millstream, Stable or Tythe Barn? 33 days woweee not long to go at all!!! Who are you having for your florist? xx
    Im in the tythe barn, its come round so quick, i cant believe its in 33 days! My florest is 'ruby tuesday' in baldock, they have been absolutly brilliant. Have you booked anyhing else yet?

Laura

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    we've booked the photographer, DJ, guitar man. Have decided on the wedding cake we want and the invitations (but are not ordering them yet). thanks for the florist recommendation! take it you have everything organised now, just sitting back waiting for your big day!
    Yeah we're pretty much sorted now, its just waiting for the big day. You sound as though you've been so organied. Have you got your dress yet?

Its worth having a look at that florist, they really have been fantastic & for everything we're having its been really reasonable!!xxx
    no leaving the dress until September - trying to pace myself! hoping for pale gold dress, but will have to see if it suits! that is why i am not deciding on flowers just yet, so i know what colour to co-ordinate with, etc. have you got a link for your dress so I can have a nose??!! i love looking at everyone's dresses.... does your florist have a web address too? do you have any other tips or suggestions I can pinch!! lol xx
    My dress is an alan hannah dress called 'francoise', i dont know how to add a link so you'll have to google it (sorry hun, im really crap).

I dont think the florist have a website which is a shame. Im having ivy & fairy lights wrapped around some of the beams in the tythe barn. Im hoping it will give it the wow factor!! My bridesmaid dresses are gold (a nice gold) so all of my flowers are just cream with lots of greenery. (it sounds quite boring doesnt it) The thing is i do like my fairy lights so im hoping it will work & look gorgeous & not like santas grotto!!!!

I've become a bit addicted to buying things to go on the tables, ive got bubbles, wedding trivia, cream feathers, camaras & favour boxes (cream boxes filled with chocolate coins for the woman & tuxedo boxes filled with chocolate footballs for the men)

I just cant stop spending money on little bits & bobs!!!

Have you any idea what colour scheme you want?

xxx
    well actually our colour schemes sound very similar!! if all goes to plan, my dress will be pale gold and then we will stick with an ivory and gold theme with also deep green. as i say, i have not yet done much research but i really think those colours all compliment each other. i also think they go with our venue (if you know what I mean). love your idea of ivy and fairy lights.... makes mental note!! looking forward to choosing all the table stuff - although h2b has aboslutely no idea what 'stuff' involves and the cost too! will keep quiet on that one for now and give him the pleasure nearer the time. he he!!

think i found your dress try this link http://www.chameleonbride.co.uk/alanhannah07/francoise.jpg is this the right one? it is gorgeous, bet you can;t wait until the big day!! lucky you!! how are you having your hair, do you have a tiara and veil?
    Oh your a star, you found it, yep thats my dress. Im having all my hair up with a tiara, i've had a real dilemma because i couldnt decide whether to wear a veil or not, i've now decided to go without.

Your so lucky that you've got all those wedding dresses to try on, that was the best part of all the planning for me. Make sure you try on all different styles, dresses that you probably dont like the look of will look beautiful on & you opinionwill change.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• steph7uksteph7uk Posts: 282
    ooohhhh hello im a tewin bury farmer too - tythe barn for me too. 90 days to go. I can not wait either, please post your photos on here lausthefox!!!!
    hi Steph the latest farmer girl!! both you 2 will have long forgotten your tewin days before i finally get to mine!! 2nd steph, please both of you post piccies. steph, have you got a link for your dress too? can't wait to go dress shopping, a real eager beaver! xx
    ok if i post it you better not show my hubby - not that ypu know him!!!!

here goes:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=britanya+lynette&line=m&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=A612
    that is really gorgeous! what a stunner, you will look amazing.... know what you mean about putting the link on here. my h2b knows i am on this site all the time, but doesn;t actually know what we really waffle on about. would be horrified if he knew what type of dress i eventually decide on! I love the maggie dresses and have many on my shortlist!! What colour combination are you having and are you have a veil / tiara too?
    Colour is green. Really simple, with white chair covers and green sash's. Emerald green short bridesmaid dresses etc... calla lillies etc.. very exciting!!! No veil, just a tiara.
    like very much! one of my fave colours, classic simple but effective.
  • Hi Ladies!

I am also looking at getting married at Tewin Bury Farm June Next year. We have booked to have a look round the Millstream on the 16th June but after having a further look at reading some of your posts I think that it may be a little small so I may ask to have a look at the Tythe Barn as well as we are looking at having the ceremony out side with a spiral isle around the guests and getting married in the middle.

Quoted:
    Hi, the smallest room is The Millstream and thats £725 or £950 for friday, saturday, sunday and including ceremony. Without ceremony it is £425 or £625 for Fri, Sat, Sun. The stable is the same prices and the Tythe Barn is £995 - £1900.

Catering is £78.50 or £84.50 plus there are a la carte options. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more details!

Gem2 - I am surprised at those prices I was thinking it would be a lot more than that. Nice surprise tho image

Do you know what you get on the catering side for those prices?

Lausthefox - your dress is absolutely beautiful!!!

Steph7 - I have just seen yourdress also, it is stunning.

I have got a year to wait and getting excited already :\)

[Modified by: Julianne070608 on May 29, 2007 10:56 PM]
    Hi girls,

Steph7, what a beautiful dress, its stunning!!!

Gem2, with the thyth barn you've got to cater for a minimum of 100 people. how many do you think in your wedding party?

Isnt it so weird to think we're all getting married in the same place, im a bit sad like tha, sorry!!!!

Il make sure that il post loads of photos of the wedding so you can all have a good old nosey. I love having a look at everyone elses wedding photos.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Julianne, i think as lauren says it depends on how many guests you are having. We have booked the millstream as it is just the right size for our wedding party. we are having approx 40 during the day and total of 100 in the evening. you actauly get the use of 2 rooms with the Millstream, plus of course the private gardens. plenty of spece for us! but if your party is going to be bigger it may be worth looking at Tythe Barn. I must admit I am really struck on the idea of marrying outside too - fancy that pagoda by the riverbank...so romantic!!!

Love the fact we are all marrying at the same place, we can all relate to each others ideas and plans much better - so exciting!! xx
  • Thanks mumma, I think I will look at the Tythe Barn as well as we have 70 guests to the wedding and about 130 to the reception. We have got plans to get married outside and have a spirial isle so that we walk round the guests and get married in the middle. After looking at the pics on the website I think Tythe Barn will suit it better. We are going to view it on the 16th, I cant wait!

It seems a very popular venue, not a surprise really, its gorgeous!
    as per your avatar, are you hoping to book for 07-06-08? just wondered if you know if the venue is free then, as they do get booked up very in advance. if they say it is free, i know they can provisionally hold it for you for 14 days without payment. if i were you, i would provisionally book it 14 days before you go and view, just to make sure you keep it. we did that as i was paranoid my day would go (08-08-08).

just wondered whereabouts you live - are you closeby?