Any Brides to be getting married in 2013?

Hey girls;

I have recently got engaged to my partner of 6 years we have been together since we were 13 and are now 19 so im a young bride to be. Were looking to marry in september 2013, i know it's 3 years away but we are hoping to be renting a place together by the end of this year begining of next and thought we'd allow ourselves three years to get settled make our "home" and save for our big day. Anybody else here in the same boat? xx

• gillyjgillyj Posts: 43
    Hey! We're getting married in Sept 2013! Hopefully the 14th! We've put it off a few years so that we can save money! Currently we live in rental accomodation and now we're all settled we are starting to save for the wedding!

It's still exciting even if it's three years away!!

Our plan is to start buying the lil bits and bobs now, one as they are cheaper and two it spreads the cost!

Good luck with the plans!! xx
  • linz-kdlinz-kd Posts: 2,383
    I'm getting married in Aug 2011 and we've been engaged since 2005!!!!

Really been planning since 2008 or thats when we set the dat we only really started doin stuff last month - oops!

Time will fly in it was 3 years when we set the date and we went to the Wedding show at the weekend and when I told people our date and that we hadnt booked anything they were all giving us a row cos things get booked up so fast!

Oh and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L

xxx
  • cat89ukcat89uk Posts: 953
    Mrs placetobe: i'm not getting married in 2013, i'm a 2012 bride i got engaged to my fiance almost a year now and to be honest only just started planning lol, your story is really cute though! were are you hoping to get married? x
  • It's nice to see other girl's marrying in 2012/2013 i thought i was the only one, looking through many of the other posts. Many of my family & friends have told me to start doing little odds and ends now although we arnt going to be booking the venues until next semptember is that wise? Mrs Standing To Be; We are hoping to get married in a church close to my family home in devon, both our grandads are buried there so we thought although they arnt here they can still be part of our "Big Day" x
  • postscriptalexpostscriptalex Posts: 1,069
    Hi MrsPlaceToBe im a young bride too (im 20) and we havn't set our date yet because we are saving, we were hoping for 2012 but as we have just had our little girl i doubt we will be able to save up enough money to get married then so it will probably end up being 2013!

I met my fiance at sixteen and so we have been together for four years now, although it feels like forever (in a good way) and we have a two month old daughter together image can't wait to be married!

xxx
  • CaraHicks2bCaraHicks2b Posts: 461
    September 2013... its not early at all. i have been planning almost a year now. im at uni and i want to have a real job before we get married. im so excited... its almost painful its so far away. i have got my bm and usher gifts on deposit at hsamuels and i pay £2 a month lol. and i have found a venue and everything. im so glad there are some 2013ers out there
  • I'm a young bride too (18) and I'm not technically even engaged yet lol! Me and my mister part own and part rent and I'm stashing away money every month and trying to budget way in advance (he is aware and I'm not crazy lol) but it does look like it could be a few years off.

Edited to say I'm 18 not 19... yes I got my own age wrong!

[Modified by: *TinyDancer* on March 01, 2010 07:06 PM]

• Congratulations! My name is David Lima, and I'm a Central-Jersey based Wedding Cinematographer! Take a second to check out Jersey's Best wedding videos. www.jerseyvideos.com   Ps: we finance 3X. Half at signing, and the other two a month after your big day!!
  • hello, I see your getting married! Congratulations! My name is David Lima, and I'm a Central-Jersey based Wedding Cinematographer! Take a second to check out Jersey's Best wedding videos. www.jerseyvideos.com   Ps: we finance 3X. Half at signing, and the other two a month after your big day!!
  • Hi Brides and Grooms!

Congratulations on your engagement! I wonder if you could help me with a little bit of research?!

What is your opinion on having a virtual wedding assistant?

They would be able to provide an affordable service throughout the planning,from finding a venue to cake tasting sessions and from organising entertainment to ordering invitations. The assistant will be on hand every day until your wedding via both phone and email!

How do you feel about this service?
    Would you use it?
    What fees would you be willing to pay?

Many thanks for any response in advance it is much appreciated!!!