Forum home Getting started

Any brides from West Yorkshire?

• MrsJonesMrsJones Posts: 305
    Finally found this thread again so thought I'd see how everyone was doing and if there are any new WY brides out there!
  • Hi all, I'm a new WY bride. I'm from Huddersfield and only been engaged for a month. Still at that mind boggling stage looking for venues! Eekkk, so confused! My poor google has been googled out, and non the wiser! Was looking for a marquee wedding but not sure about the venue for it. Nice to see all the WY brides on here x
  • MrsMac-FMrsMac-F Posts: 959
    Hi and welcome!

My H2B is from Huddersfield, so I know it well!

I think I commented on another thread you started about venues. I hope you find somewhere soon.

Have you got anything in mind colour scheme wise?
  • Oooh hello West Yorkshire brides!

I don't think I've seen this before (although have terrible memory so may well have already joined it but am at work so can't read through 9 pages to find out!!)

We live in Queensbury (between Bradford & Halifax), work in Sowerby Bridge and are getting married at York Maze (cunningly located just outside York image )

Ooh also CalicoPink - our colour scheme is hot pink, black and turquoise!
    My Aunt and Uncle live in Queensbury, I live at the other side of Bradford in Eccleshill.

I LOVE your colours!
  • I'm a Leeds bride...getting married in August 2012 at Leeds Town Hall and then having the reception in the Tiled Hall in the art gallery. Very exciting stuff. Although that's about as far as the planning has got- although I guess I have plenty of time.

Haven't spied this thread before. Nice to meet you all! Haha.
    Hi MissFii, what a gorgeous venue! I know what you mean about it seeming ages away, we booked our venue etc last April, and it's only just starting to feel real now!
  • I'm a WY bride! But I am being a traitor and venturing to North Yorks for the wedding. I live in Riddlesden, nr Keighley but am getting married at Linton church nr Grassington with wedding reception at The Red Lion, Burnsall. Our colour theme is silver and ice blue, so excited!!
  • I'm from West Yorkshire too (now live in London!) and we're getting married in Linton too but Wood Hall Hotel & Spa. From what i've seen, the hotel is fab... let's hope so!!! image xxx
  • I'm currently living in Guiseley aswell but we are getting married at the Holiday Inn in Barnsley as H2B is from Doncaster.
    Wow, lots of new West Yorkshire brides!

Westiethomas - When are you gettng married?

Whitley2B - I love where your having your reception, I've been there loads of times!
  • Hi calicopink

I'm getting married 28 April 2012 - thought it was ages away but time is going by so quick!

You haven't got long now bet you are getting excited.
  • Hey I live in S.Yorkshire, but getting ,married at Waterton Park hotel next year, we having full day there, really looking forward to it!!fell in love as soon as we saw it and booked on the day, paid deposit 2 weeks later!!

could anyone recommend a decent florist for bouquets and button holes etc..decent price and quality.
    The time does fly by desn't it! We booked our wedding at the beginning of April next year, and it seemed like we had ages to do everything, and it seems to have crept up on us so quickly! We are just in the process of making our invitations, my OH seems to have a previously undiscovered talent for this! Then we will be getting on with all the tags and bags for our sweetie buffet and loads of other bits and pieces.

We had a consultation with the lady who is doing our chair covers at our venue 2 weeks ago and she was fab! She had so many great ideas and is so reasonably priced too!

MrsLeonard2B - WHat a stunning venue!

We are using The Flower Room in Eccleshill in Bradford for our flowers. It is at the top of my road, and I have always been impressed with her flowers, and she does a lot of flowers and table decoratons for wedding fayres when they set there rooms up to view as a wedding. She had some great ideas, and I can't believe how reasonably priced the flowers are!
  • Ooh CalicoPink you are just down t'road! H2B's parents live in Pudsey, but Tong side so I know your venue - fab choice honey!
    Thanks Zoe_In_Yorkshire, we wanted somewhere with nice grounds for photographs etc, but weren't willing to pay the prices that places like Hollins Hall charge.
  • Who are you using for your chaircovers calicopink? We are only having around 40 during the day and not sure about minimum numbers and extra setting up costs.

We were not going to have them but h2b saw them at the venue open day and now says he wants them!
    Westiethomas - I have PM'd you the details of the lady who is doing our chair covers, she is lovely! I don't think she has a restriction on minimum numbers. I would highly recommend her, in fact I have already recommended her to 2 friends who are both now using her too!
  • Thanks very much calicopink.
    Hope its some help to you.
  • Hi, I'm a West Yorkshire Bride too, I get married in December at Carlton Towers near Selby.
  • ClaraBlueClaraBlue Posts: 12
    I'm a North Yorkshire bride to be but I work in West Yorkshire - live near Skipton and work in Keighley.

Getting married in June 2012.

Does anyone have any good make up artist reccommendations? One of the things I'm struggling with at the moment.

Also we're thinking of having a horse & cart instead of a car as its a very short distance between the church & the venue so was wondering if anyone had come across any decent horse & cart companies?

Any help would be appreciated image
  • MrsH1984MrsH1984 Posts: 553
    Hello

I am getting married 20th August this year 2011,

having the whole day at the bridge hotel in wetherby I am from leeds whitkirtk/crossgates area but now live in Ripon with H2B who is from there, I still work in leeds and all my family are from there. Looking forward to the day and just currently getting everything prepared our invitations will be going out very soon. image
    Hello to the new west yorkshire brides!

I'm getting ready for a very weddingy weekend! Me and my best friend (and MOH) are going to Country Baskets tomorrow to get the last bits for my table decorations, and probably loads of other things that I don't really need! Then on Sunday me and my OH are going shopping for his suit and shoes, and we need to fit in a bit of invitation making in amongst that too!

My cousin (wh is doing my ohotography) came over to see us on Monday. She works for a company that does all kinds of printing and book-binding etc, and she brought over some of the photo books that they do, and OMG, they are amazing!!! Such good quality and so much cheaper than photographers charge for them. It was one thing that I thought we wouldn't be able to afford, or that we would have to wait til a year or so after the wedding to get, but we are actually getting 6! A 14"x14" one for us, 2 10"x10" ones for each set of parents and 3 3"x2 1/2" ones for the BM's, and (including my cousins discount) it is coming to just £320! This is for beautiful leather bound books too, not just ones with slipcovers, I think I am still in shock!
  • Hi guys!

I live and work in Leeds (Meanwood)but originally from near Sheffield, ceremony in a little village near home but then having reception at Wentbridge House near Pontefract. I have most recently picked my dress from Hoops a Daisy in Wakefield. They are lovely there!

The dress is an ellis one, 11125, it's sweetheart neck kind of a slim a line with some lovely detail and sparkles! It's a bit scary choosing as I still feel like it's quite early but also know that I love it

Photographers were way more expensive than I imagined, we're having Andrew Box based in Castleford as he was recommended by our venue.

Haven't sorted invites yet as want to do them fairly cheaply if poss so any suggestions would be good!

Jo

xx
    Hi Joanne and welcome to the madhouse!

I'm sorry that I can't recommend anywhere for stationary as we are making it all ourselves, even though I am the least creative person ever image although I have to say that now we have got going, I'm really getting into it and can't wait to do more every weekend.

I've just googled your dress, and wow, it is stunning! I really like all the detailing. My dress should hopefully be coming into the shop in the next few weeks, I ordered it back in October, I can't wait to wear it!
  • TheWifeTheWife Posts: 188
    I'm a West Yorkshire bride! We both live and work in Leeds but are getting married at Waterton Park/Walton Hall in Wakefield on 23rd Dec 2012.
    Hi Stueysgirl! What a gorgeous venue you've chosen! Do you know what colour theme etc your going to have yet?
  • Thanks! It's so scary choosing! Fab to be sharing ideas on here, I'm thinking about making stationery, is it hard? Where did you get all he stuff from?

I went to Headingley today and there's a shop there called Tableau which has some nice quirky stuff that could be used for reception decoration.

Bet you cant wait for dress to arrive!

The invitations weren't that hard to make TBH. And I have always been rubbish at arts and crafts. We got all the stuff we needed from The Range and ebay. We did go to Hobbycraft, but it was very expensive, ar least double the prices we paid elsewhere. We decided to go for a simple design, as I really do think that less is more when it comes to invitations. We just need to make the information sheets to go inside them today, but my mind has gone blank and I can't seem to remember anything that I had thought of to go in them!

I know the shop that you mentioned, it is really nice isn't it?