Forum home Getting started

Any brides from West Yorkshire?

Hi, I'm gettind married August 26th 2011 and I was wondering if there were any other brides from West Yorkshire and if so where are you getting married/having your reception? I'm getting married at the Registry Office and then having my reception at the Holiday Inn Leeds/Bradford in Tong Village.

• delijonesdelijones Posts: 171
    Hi I'm from West Yorkshire we're getting married on 23rd July 2011 and having a church ceremony (our local one) and having the reception at the Marriott Hotel in town. Its so nice to see a fellow 2011 and Yorkshire bride! How much have you got done so far?
  • MrsMac-FMrsMac-F Posts: 959
    We've provisionally booked the venue, going in on Saturday to talk through some prices and pay the deposit. I went dress shopping last Saturday (way too early I know, but I couldn't resist!) and found a gorgeous dress, going to take my mum to have a look at it an a few weeks and hopefully pay the deposit on that too. Other than that, not much really! I know that we're having a hot pink and black colour scheme though, as pink is my favourite colour, and that my shoes will be pink too image. How much have you organised?
  • Hi we are getting married 23rd October 2010. We are having the ceremony and the reception at the Old Barn, Esholt, Baildon. It is creeping up so quickly. Although I do feel quite organised and i refuse to get stressed! lol
  • Calicopink - I love the idea of pink and black! What style wedding dress are you having?
    wow 1950sglambride, you must live near me as I work in Shipley and live in Eccleshill! My dress is nothing like I ever thought I'd choose. Its very fitted to just below my hips and then has quite a full fishtail skirt. Im a size 16-18, so thought that that sort of style would look terrible on me, but it gives me an amazing figure! Very Jessica Rabbit! And thanks for liking my pink and black idea. I was worried that it wouldn't work, but then I just thought sod it- thats what Im doing! You do right not to get stressed, at the end of the day as long as you get married, you look beautiful and your guests have a fantastic time it'll be perfect xxx
  • delijonesdelijones Posts: 171
    We've got the venue booked, photographer (still to pay deposit)and pretty much know everything we want but the dress! We having an aqua greeny colour with white. How long have you been engaged?
    we've been engaged sine March 2008. We only got together in December 2007! I've been waiting for my divorce to come through which is why we've had such a long engagement. It still feels weird to think that I'll have been married twice before I'm 30!

Wow, you seem soooo organised. I like the sound of your colour scheme too, very summery. I think you need to pass some of your organizatonal skills onto me, I was thinking I was organising hings too soon!
  • That dress sounds gorgeous - very sexy! I live in Guiseley and work in saltaire, so not so far away. Do you know our venue? i didn't even know it was there until a collegue suggested it, but its perfect.

We have beee engaged since Sep 2009, but it is going fast! We always knew we didn't want a long engagement (i'm very impatient!);)
    No, ive never heard of your venue, bet Ive passed it loads of times though! Ideally I wouldn't of had a long engagement either, but I didn't fancy getting sent to prison for being a bigamist lol! What sort of dress are you wearing? Everyone else seems so organised, I'm beginning to worry now that I should be doing more. Just been looking on ebay at all things pink and weddingy, I want to buy it all!
  • I used to live in Guiseley! We now live in Bingley.

We are getting married in June 2012 in Gargrave, near Skipton.

We haven't paid anything yet but are due to go up to pay it asap so its more or less done. Thats all we've done so far though, but we've got plenty of time image
  • Hi! Im from Wakefield, getting married in Jamacia next year and I am OVER THE MOON! image
  • Calicopink - I'm wearing a 1950's inspired tea length dress with polka dot overlay and a BIG purple petticoat! Ive just ordered it so am very excited.

I am really into DIYing everything for the wedding, so if you're anything like me having a long engagement will mean more time to get creative. So far I've made the favours and the invites. Going to attempt flowers next (not having real ones)image

Mrsjeffreys2b - What is your venue called? You are very organised for a 2012 bride!

• Hi ladies,

I'm from West Yorkshire, getting married at Ackworth Church followed by reception at Oulton Hall in August 2011. I also feel quite organised, although having started the dress hunt yet!! xx
  • Our venue is called Newfield Hall, I don't think it is very well known. There isn't a lot on the internet about it.

It is usually hired out for large group walking holidays and we will have it for the Friday Saturday and Sunday so as many guests who want to can stay over and we can have a big extravagent weekend image
  • princesskates - Oulton hall was on our top 5 list - its lovely x
    1950sglambride-your dress sounds gorgeous, i love purple. I had a very similar sounding dress made for me a couple of years ago when i had 3 weddings to go to in 3 months! Luckily tone was my family, one was my fiances friend and the other was a colleague so i got away with wearing the same dress 3 times and just buying different shoes!

Unfortunatley I'm not very creative at all, even my handwriting is terrible, so I won't be making my own invites etc, but my cousin is a graphic designer so we are designing our own, with her help, and she is also doing our photo's too as shes an amazing photographer! I will be making all my own favours and table decorations though with my sister and best friends help.

MrsjeffreysToBe you are so organized too, do you know what colours your going for?

And Princessdani87 you are so lucky to be getting married abroad. We were going to get married abroad too, but there were a few family problems, so I compromised, and said I'd get married in England as long as we go on honeymoon a few days later!
    princesskates, what date in August? x
  • calicopink - Thank you I love organising things so I'm loving it! I'll be doing the majority of things myself as I'm quite creative too and enjoyed playing about with ideas.

we are having a pastels theme so that we are not stuck to one colour, just as long as everything is light, fresh and summery then I'll be happy no matter the colour! ha ha the one thing h2b has requested is no blue and white together because it reminds him of leeds united and he's a bradford city man! image
  • calicopink - it's the 27th, can't wait!

MrsJeffreysToBe - I'm intrigued, what else was on your top 5?! I think I seriously looked at all Yorkshire venues, it drove me crazy in the end!

xx
  • PS MrsJeffreystobe - do you have any pics of your venue? Sounds fab, and would like a little peek! xx
  • I'm getting married 30th June 2012, and we booked the church and venue today!! We're getting married at ChristChurch in Ossett, then having the reception at Elland Road (Leeds United ground). If anyone is still trying to find somewhere by the way, Elland Road is beautiful, it's a lot nicer than the hotels we've looked at!! And it matches the colour scheme of Blue, White and Yellow (We're both Leeds fans haha!) And Moira, our wedding co ordinator is so helpful, and she is genuinely really nice!! xx
    the day after me then princesskate! We chose Friday because we had our first date on a Friday night, bit soppy I know lol! I've just been having a quick nosey at Oulton Hall, it looks beautiful, a bit beyond our budget though!

Mrsjeffreystobe- I agree with your husband about no blue and white together!

We're going to our venue on Saturday morning to discuss a few prices and pay the deposit, I'm going to take loads of photo's too, because I'm convinced i'm going to forget what the rooms are like and not have a clue what table decorations to make!

QWe have a big outdoor area with a patio and lawn too so ive been buying a few outdoor games like giant jenga etc to keep the kids (and probably the adults) entertained.
    hi disocdotty, wow your organised! 2012 seems like such a long way away, but i bet time will fly by! Ive been to a wedding at Elland Road and it is a lovely venue x
  • Exciting calicopink - almost a date twin! We got a really good deal with them too, I didn't think they would budge, but so pleased that they did!!

That's so lovely about you doing your wedding on Friday because of that reason, not soppy at all! x
  • Hi calicopink! I get slight OCD sometimes, I need to be prepared haha! We found we didn't like any of the hotels we looked at, even when they seemed perfect to everyone else we kept finding faults, but we literally walked into Elland Road and it just felt right. Plus, everything matches with the colour scheme which is awesome. Everywhere else seemed to have red carpets and it was driving me wild! haha! x
    i know what you mean about the red carpet thing! I don't think I was likely to find anywhere with a hot pink carpet and curtains though! Ah well, I'll just have to buy anything that I can find thats pink and sparkly to try and disguise them!
    everyone- are you having a traditional wedding or something a bit differant?
  • Haha I know exactly what you mean! Our original colour was pink! Red and pink just don't go together! haha! I did see a brilliant idea at one place we looked, the Cedar Court, they had one room set up for a wedding, and the favours were like heart shaped cookies with a pink icing heart in the middle! Also, if you want sparkly things, I found a website where you can get table crystals, bling for tables!! x
  • Mines a traditional church wedding x
    ive already got loads of table crystals from ebay, i think ive gone a bit overboard to be honest, I'll be putting them out on our dining table at home to use them up lol! Ive got them in hot pink and clear, i love them!