venue help - South west london

Hi ladies

Can anyone recommend a reception venue in South West London? We're getting married in Wandsworth in September there'll be 60 guests but so far i've had no luck finding a suitable venue.

Many thanks

• hi nadine

I'm not too far from wandsworth (in Mitcham).

Where have you tried?

• mrsfoodie2bmrsfoodie2b Posts: 352
    How about Fulham Palace there are a number of rooms to hire.
  • Pembroke Lodge in Richmond Park is lovely but unless your getting married on a weekday, I doubt you'd get a date for the weekend at such short notice (its always worth a try though).

Have you tried the Antoinette hotel in Wimbledon and Kingston? They do wedding packages at pretty good prices.
  • There is always Chiswick house?
  • MrsKiraSRMrsKiraSR Posts: 1,424
    We live in Colliers Wood, just down the road, as really struggled to find somewhere nice, and affordable.

In the end we decided to find somewhere a bit further out, but easy to get to, so we looked straight down the A3.

If that is an option for you, you could look at our venue which was wonderful and our guests all said it was the best wedding/food they had ever had. Branksome Place, Haslemere.

They did a £3000 package for 50 people, with extra people £55. We ended up with 65.

There are loads of rooms as it is a hotel, and the rooms are reasonably priced, so loads of people stayed over, and being off the A3 was easy to get to.

K x
  • yabbigatoryabbigator Posts: 192
    How about Kew Gardens..? Amazing place and has different venues for different capacities.
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    Ham house do lovely weddings but I think only on a Friday. They have a max of 60 people. From memory it was a reasonable price.
  • one lady posted about this lovely venue in Blackheath. the costs are very competetive as well!

http://www.mycenaehouse.co.uk/hallhire.php
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    I am from the Putney area and the closest venue I have found is Parksteas House / Bank of England Sports Centre. If you want something smaller try a few of the local restaurants to see if they will do something?