Forum home Getting started

Woburn Abbey?

Hi,

Is anyone else getting married at the Sculpture Gallery at Woburn Abbey??

We finally decided to get married there after looking at a LOT of other venues, even though it was a bit above our budget. Now they've sent us the contact through and they're trying to get more out of us!

They're now saying we have to have a minimum of 120 guests for the wedding breakfast (which at a minimum of £52 each takes up a massive chunk of the budget) and that we can't get into the venue before midday to set up. Although when I queried that she said we'd be able to if we paid an extra £800 - as if he was doing us a favour!!!

Grrrrr. Beginning to doubt the decision. Think this could be the start of being completely ripped off.

Anyone else have experience of the place and can put my mind at rest?!!!

Thanks...

• amyyearleyamyyearley Posts: 3,442
    I've been there for a visit, but that's all image
  • mrs2be2010mrs2be2010 Posts: 235
    I'm getting married at the Inn at Woburn and they have been soooo helpful I can not fault them! And the prices are really reasonable... is it too late to change your mind!?
  • dawnio1977dawnio1977 Posts: 374
    my friend got married there two years ago and i was CB.

I dont remember her having any problems along the contractual side. We had a wonderful day.. and all went smoothly.

My venue is asking for minimum numbers but when i said we couldnt do it they wouldnt budge unless we changed the day which we did. We arent having a saturday wedding as we didnt have enough people. For a sunday they were more flexible as presumably they cant count on getting other bookings for the same day.

Hope that helps x
  • dawnio1977dawnio1977 Posts: 374
    my friend got married there two years ago and i was CB.

I dont remember her having any problems along the contractual side. We had a wonderful day.. and all went smoothly.

My venue is asking for minimum numbers but when i said we couldnt do it they wouldnt budge unless we changed the day which we did. We arent having a saturday wedding as we didnt have enough people. For a sunday they were more flexible as presumably they cant count on getting other bookings for the same day.

Hope that helps x
  • F1widowF1widow Posts: 200
    Hi there, we are getting married at the Sculpture Gallery next summer. There are definitely minimum numbers for each day (you dont have to fill the seats, but you will have to pay the covers) and this is clearly stated in all their literature - were you not made aware of this before you booked? We've also been told that we can have access to the venue so long as there isn't another wedding on the same day - but because our wedding is early on, this is highly unlikely so there is no reason why we couldn't see the set up the day before if we wanted.