Hi! *waves*

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and this looked like the right area of the forum to do it!

Have just got engaged whilst in Menorca - though we'd been discussing it for aaaaages and I'd already chosen the ring image

Want to get married next summer on a fri or sat so starting to look at venues this week, hope I can find somewhere! Starting to panic about budget too - ours is about 10k, which seemed huge until I started writing down everything that's needed! image

Anyway I'm looking forward to being on the forums!! image

• MangoToesMangoToes Posts: 477
    Congratulations! Welcome to the crazy roller-coaster of wedding planning! I am on the same budget as you and had the exact same feelings; at first I was like 'oooh, £10k, think of all the nice things we can have'. THEN we started looking at venues, and talking to caterers and yadda yadda yadda and my expectations slowly came back to reality!

That said, we're actually bang on track for the wedding of my (oops, 'our'!) dreams; it definitely helps to get a clear idea in your head of what kind of day you want and then you can budget around each individual aspect.

Of course, the ladies here are fabulous for giving advice on suppliers, money saving tips, fashion advice and just good old emotional support so get stuck in!!!!

image image image
  • bellingtonbellington Posts: 1,662
    Hi, *waves back* Congratulations on your engagement. we are getting married next September.

You can let of steam on here, when things get you stressed, and theres lots of help and advice.

Enjoy your planning. xx image
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Hello image

I'm a newbie too.

We also have a 10k budget. We were aiming to be sensible and not spend the whole lot! So we could put the rest down for the next house deposit... bleurgh! But doesn't look like it's gonna be that easy! 'Specially as my OH says things like ooo we could have sky lanterns...

Congrats hun x have fun x
  • MrsVanderSteenMrsVanderSteen Posts: 8,204
    Welcome lovely!

Happy wedding planning!!

Im also getting married next year wohoooo brng on september 3rd image

• drobinson1984drobinson1984 Posts: 1,071
    Congratulations, and welcome to this site - it's usually a goldmine of information so feel free to ask away should you have any questions or need any inspiration.

Like you I am on a £10k budget - we wanted to pay everything off before the wedding you see, didn't want debt but also didn't want too long an engagement. I won't lie, it has been tough, but as long as you're prepared to shop around and make cutbacks on certain things then you'll be able to do it easily. We should get most of the things we want which is fab, and after the wedding then all of the money we earn is ours which I can't wait for!! xxx

• MrsMac-FMrsMac-F Posts: 959
    Hi!

And congratulations on your engagement x
  • NutterRaeNutterRae Posts: 126
    image Hi, welcome to the site.

Congratulations on your engagement!!!

I'm also a newbie with a 10K budget. Thought it would be easy to have the wedding we wanted for that amount, doesn't take long for reality to laugh in your in the face image

Enjoy the venue hunt!

See you around!!!! image
  • crazyminxcrazyminx Posts: 187
    Ah, good to know I'm not the only one wondering why 10k doesn't stretch as far as it should! image We've just provisionally booked a venue for 6k including food and drink...so I think I will have to keep a very close eye on other expenses! image

Congrats everyone and am looking forward to picking your brains on loads of stuff (and hopefully providing one or two helpful ideas myself - you never know! image )
  • h4baineh4baine Posts: 70
    If any of you lovely engaged ladies need some help and are in East Anglia I would love to be of assistance. I am a wedding planner and I love working with budget brides and I love getting you good deals! I will make the budget work for you! If you are interested please check out www.anaffairtorememberevents.co.uk and keep in mind I am offering 15% off of my full coordination package!!!

Heidi image
  • Hello! We started with an 8k budget which has grown to 10k. Saving up so much is a nightmare, but it'll be worth it! Where are you thinking of getting married? If you need any tips, just ask, I'm sure the lovely ladies here will have lots of handy tips! xxx image
  • kerriganchankerriganchan Posts: 1,019
    Congrats and all the best! Just remember to enjoy the planning process and most importantly the day itself. It will come round so quickly! x