h2b needs your help!

Hi girls, Me and h2b were talking earlier about one of his friends and how he wishes he had given him a part in the wedding. His Best man is being a complete @** at the moment and this mate of his has been really good to him, sticking up for him and just being generally supportive. H2b now really wants him to be in the wedding in some way, but all the usual things have been decided. We have 2 ushers and 2 best men already and his mate is dyslexic so doing a reading isn't a brill idea! Do any of you ladies have any ideas of something we could ask him to do, it's important to h2b that he's in the wedding in some way, just wish he had realised (like i already had!) a bit earlier before everything was decided! Any suggestions would be helpful! xx

• PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    Could you not have 3 ushers?

I really cant think of anything if he's not able to do a reading. Just spoke to my H2B annd he suggested asking him to organise his stag do (if its not already been decided)

Its not a job on the actual day but still something to contribute towards the whole experience for your H2B x

x

Oh if you're getting maried in a church you could get him to light the candle and hand it to you both?x
  • gemmy_beargemmy_bear Posts: 942
    thanks for the quick reply! I like the idea of him organising the stag do, will suggest it to h2b in a bit. We aren't getting married in a churc, but that would have been a great idea! x
  • PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    Suppose you could do it even in a civil ceremony. Stag do was H2B idea - I'll pass on the thanks. (He was nosing at what I was doing on here. I spend longer on here than actually planning the wedding lol) At least if he's a good bloke you know he wont get your H2B into any trouble!

Good luck

• MrsHunt110611MrsHunt110611 Posts: 1,992
    What about being a witness??

Then he's involved ??

Just an idea! x
  • gemmy_beargemmy_bear Posts: 942
    yeah, I thought about him being a witness about an hour ago, lol. I mentioned it to h2b and he thinks it's a really nice idea. Also thinks having him organise the stag do would be cool, he's a trustworthy guy too, so I expect my h2b to back as I left him! image
  • mrsfoodie2bmrsfoodie2b Posts: 352
    Also what about making him Master of Cermonies so he introduces the speeches, introduces you both when you are about to enter the reception etc.

• MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Mrsfoodie beat me to my suggestion! I went to a wedding a couple of years ago where the groom just couldn't find enough jobs for all of his close mates to do - he had two best men and a handful of ushers already. but he asked another friend to be Master of Ceremonies. It went down well and was a good laugh. image
  • kerriganchankerriganchan Posts: 1,019
    I'm liking the ideas of him being the witness etc. Also having 3 ushers. Thats what I am doing. My brother is too shy but we wanted him to be involved so he is effectively a co-usher image xXx