New Welsh B2B!

Hiya girlies!!!

I'm new to the site so just wanted to say HI!!! So excited, not getting married till 30th May, 2009 but absolutely LOVE searching the net for lots and lotsa wedding ideas!

Any other welshie brides on the site? I'm in Bridgend in South Wales. Getting married in Bryngarw House. Wanted to get married August next year but Bryngarw is all booked up and its always been my dream to get married there, and funnily enough my bloke feels the same!

Anyways, just thought i'd say HI!!!!!!!!!

Luv

Aimz XXX :\)

• swanscraftswanscraft Posts: 28
    Hello and welcome to the forum am already married and am in swansea
  • Hi Aimz

Im a welsh bride - we are getting married in Monmouthshire on 1st November 2008!!

I can't wait that long.................!
  • jemmajemjemmajem Posts: 1,439
    Hiya! We were gonna have Bryngarw House (we're near Builth Wells btw) but my family kicked up a fuss about travelling down there. It is lovely, you'll get some beautiful pictures!

Last we heard August 31st next year was available - it's a Sunday though. Worth bearing in mind if like me and my fiance you get frustrated waiting! image

Welcome to the madhouse love!
  • Cath2ukCath2uk Posts: 93
    Welcome aboard the good ship Wedding! I'm a Welsh bride, born in Bridgend and getting married there despite now living in Devon image We're having a church wedding and our reception in the Coed-y-Mwstwr - September 08 for us image Know what you mean about venues getting booked up - we have just about the first Saturday ours had free between now and then image

C xx
  • alice85ukalice85uk Posts: 123
    Hi!

I'm getting married at the Coed-Y-Mwstwr on 8/8/2008! It cant come soon enough for me, it feels ages away but I'm sure it will go really fast.

How far has everyone got with their planning? I have booked the venue, photographer, flowers and cake. Still havent even started looking for a dress. Does anyone have any recommendations for dress-makers? I am really tall so would like to get one made really...image
  • Angharad101Angharad101 Posts: 117
    Hello

I am getting married at Coed Y Mwstwr this year December the 22nd! I cant wait!! I have obviously booked the venue!!! and then church, florist, cake, ordered my wedding and bridesmaid dresses (through House of Brides found out they have been dispatched today and werent due until July) Boys have chosen their suits, i have booked my photgrapher and videographer (althouhg he's family so does that count as booking!) i have a harpist and choir playing at the churcvh and booked my DJ and band for the evening - but once again family!! And we have booked the honeymoon!

I am sooo excited! Cant believe its only 7 months away

Good luck everyone xxx
  • Abby_ParishAbby_Parish Posts: 46
    I'm Bryngarw too - just over 11 weeks to go! I was lucky and snapped up a cancellation they had on the day I viewed for August (booked Jan) - ask if they can call you if there's a cancellation if you want to get married sooner - it does happen!!

I'm a Bridgend girl myself and also had Bryngarw as my dream location! Keep taking the dog there for walks just to see the place again!!

Congratulations on getting engaged and setting the date! xx
  • Quoted:
    I'm Bryngarw too - just over 11 weeks to go! I was lucky and snapped up a cancellation they had on the day I viewed for August (booked Jan) - ask if they can call you if there's a cancellation if you want to get married sooner - it does happen!!

I'm a Bridgend girl myself and also had Bryngarw as my dream location! Keep taking the dog there for walks just to see the place again!!

Congratulations on getting engaged and setting the date! xx

hello!!!!!! i am getting married at bryngarw park next year. my grandparents used to take me there when i was little. i would love to know how your wedding went, and any advice on whether to go for buffet or not? it's a year away and i can't wait x