Essex Anyone?

• Hey

I've just booked Parklands for October 2008. I originally looked at a few venues after getting engaged in July this year but for one reason or another I couldn't decide between Newland Hall (Chelmsford) or Maiden's Barn (Chelmsford) and was racking my brains to decide and someone suggested Parklands. Looks very grand and rather expensive but when we both viewed it we fell in love with it and to be honest it isn't working out much more than the other two venues.

I've got numbers and quotes so if you want to ask me anything else just send me an email.

[email protected]

• vicstaukvicstauk Posts: 110
    Hi,

i'm from braintree and i'm getting married in june 2008 at thaxted hall thaxted.
  • Hello, we live in Westcliff-on-Sea. We haven't booked anything yet just getting ideas but we're going to look at Braxted Park, Parklands and Newland Hall.
  • Quoted:
    oh my god- thank u!! thats so much help! will have to print out that page to take away and study (as sneaking on this site at work!).

Really like Crondon- hope we can get it!! what venue did you opt for?

The Wedding Show is at Brentwood Centre on Spet 8th & 9th, http://www.weddingeventco.net/ and then select the show you want. Also going to Excel show- haha but thats not til Feb...

thanks again for all you help- feel like such an amateur!

xxx

LouLouBelle - do you know if this is still going ahead ? I heard a rumour that it wasn't. I've looked on this website and it doesn't say its not but there is nothing about it on the venues section of the Brentwood Centre website ... :\?
  • Hi

By the time we get married at the end of Sept 07, we will have been planning our wedding for a whole 8 weeks! We live in Harlow and were originally looking at the Priory in Ware, but then happened upon a great "last minute" deal from Leez Priory. We went for our planning visit last week and the house manager couldn't have been more helpful. I am so excited, 1. to be getting married there and 2 to giving our guests a day to remember. Someone I know's sister got married there last Saturday and she said it was fantastic. Hope you find somewhere equally as brilliant.

• LouLouBelle - do you know if this is still going ahead ? I heard a rumour that it wasn't. I've looked on this website and it doesn't say its not but there is nothing about it on the venues section of the Brentwood Centre website ... :\?

Hey

Just rang them and yes it is on- said it wasnt listed as on the website and sappy receptionist didnt seem to have a clue but she did say that the event was def on- yay! xx
  • haha can u tell i dont know how to use the quotes thing?!
  • No matter - I get the gist ! Yay - happy now ! Thanks for that !
  • emmabaleemmabale Posts: 85
    hey MrsSmithy just to let you know i am going to Belissima tonight, will let you know how i get on!

• Ooh - have fun - they are really great there !!!! I'm so excited ! And let me know what you think of the shoes that you wear to try your dress on ... I'm getting them in silver for my bridesmaids but am sorely tempted to get the ivory ones for me ! LOL

Have fun !!!!
    Hey MrsSmithy, Belissima is such a lovely shop & the girls are great! thanks so much for the recommendation, have found 3 that i LOVE (but two are constantina, so more money than i wanted to pay, but.....)

The shoes are all lovely, so much choice! What dress did you go for? x
  • I'm glad you liked it Ems - I had such a great time there.

I've gone for an Ellis dress - Belissima call it Peony - but the Ellis number is 11022

www.ellisbridals.co.uk - romantic - 11022
  • vik987vik987 Posts: 175
    OMG this post is still going lol.

Well i have been away from site for a few months now i am back to finally organise my wedding again.

We are going to do it abroad but decided against it.

I am looking at 2 venues at the weekend -

Three rivers Golf Club -

http://www.threeriversclub.com/weddings_menu_samples.htm

Cromwell manor-

http://www.cromwellmanor.co.uk/

wish me luck,image

• Three Rivers is lovely - I went to a wedding there a couple of years ago and it was beautiful !

Ems - do you have pictures of the dresses you like ?
    That dress is lovely that you have chosen!

two are Constantina 'Bonnie' & 'Bonita' & the third is Benjamin Adams 974 (they are on belissimas website too!)

Vik987 have not heard of Cromwell manor, but some friends got married at three rivers & was a lovely day! x
    Thx girls i am viewing 3 river on sunday and cant wait, i will prob end up booking here

• The constantina dresses are lovely - can't find the benjamin adams one ... isn't that a shoe designer ... do you mean benjamin roberts ?
  • The constantina dresses are lovely - can't find the benjamin adams one ... isn't that a shoe designer ... do you mean benjamin roberts ?
    oh yeah, benjamin roberts ha ha! sorry! x
    Hi girls

well i looked at:

Cromwell mannor in pitsea, On saturday mum & i like venue so it a maybe as it not as big as we would like but we can get around with a marque.

We then looked at 3 rivers on sunday, This was not what i expected, Inside the place is fantastic but from outside does not look very much to look at. Car park was very full i asked if car park usually this bad he said usually worse.

Then as it is a golf course you are right next to all the people golfing and changing there shoes ect. grounds are lovely if it was sectioned off more.

So i am now looking at other venues i really still like parklands might have to view this, Can anyone tell me how much the venue is to hire? For a friday In july please?

thanks vicki:\)
  • Hi

I am getting married in May 2008 at Bury Lodge in Stansted. Anyone else ever been to a wedding/got married there?

I live in Hornchurch now but moved to London 5 years ago from Norwich.

Sue
  • Im getting married at Brentwood Registrar Office on 6th December 08. Thats all thats done so far lol. Have started looking at dresses but nothing else booked. Am going to Holiday Inn Basildon wedding fayre this weekend so hoping for some help lol.

xxx
  • Oops meant to say not a huge budget for me Im afraid, 5k at the most. My sister in law is getting married 30th August 08 at Cromwell Manor, she said is beautiful there xx
    Quoted:
    . Am going to Holiday Inn Basildon wedding fayre this weekend so hoping for some help lol.

xxx

Wedding fair, OMG when & time i live in basildon and would love to go

• Quoted:
    Quoted:
    . Am going to Holiday Inn Basildon wedding fayre this weekend so hoping for some help lol.

xxx

Wedding fair, OMG when & time i live in basildon and would love to go

Hi there,

Think the wedding fayre starts at 11am on Sunday . Tickets are £2.50 on the door or free if you register with www.vipbride.co.uk.

Enjoy xx
  • Probably a bit late to join this thread but couldn't resist. I'm an essex girl born and bred now living in Eastwood. We're getting married on 28th September 2007 at Hylands House in Chelmsford. Getting soooooo excited now! Has anyone else booked Hylands House or been to function there? I know it's a bit late now but would like to hear all comments good and bad!!!!

;\)
    Quoted:
    Probably a bit late to join this thread but couldn't resist. I'm an essex girl born and bred now living in Eastwood. We're getting married on 28th September 2007 at Hylands House in Chelmsford. Getting soooooo excited now! Has anyone else booked Hylands House or been to function there? I know it's a bit late now but would like to hear all comments good and bad!!!!

;\)

Good Luck. Venue seams nice not been to see it thou

• dizzybukdizzybuk Posts: 83
    libbysmum, I see you are getting married at Brentwood registry office, if your looking for a reception venue try Ashwells, www.ashwells.co.uk I'm getting married there 23.8.08 and its a lovely venue and not too expensive.

dizzyb
  • kelradukkelraduk Posts: 26
    I'm a essex girl as well, we're getting married on 6 September next year at All Saints Church in Hutton and having the venue at Greenwoods in Stock. Have got most of the bigger bits booked, DJ, florist, photographer and cars. Have also sorted my dress and the bridesmaids, think i'll starting sorting the rest of the stuff next year - can't wait to get married know you shouldn't but am wishing the days away, only 372 to go! :\)

[Modified by: kelrad on August 31, 2007 03:14 PM]
  • Hi Kelrad

At last someone else getting married at Greenwoods, we're getting married on 8th August next year, we are having a civil ceremony there aswell. At the moment we are still deciding weather to have the marquee or stick to the rooms though, depending on our finances.

Greenwoods is absolutely lovely and the staff there are perfect.

Kelly