Essex Anyone?

12346»

• KatW77KatW77 Posts: 8
    Not sure if this venue's been discussed earlier, but a friend of mine got married at The Fennes in Braintree last year and that was really lovely....
    Not sure if this venue's been discussed earlier, but a friend of mine got married at The Fennes in Braintree last year and that was really lovely....
    Oops, got carried away there, sorry!
  • catseyesukcatseyesuk Posts: 1,821
    hiya all, im currently living in kent but am an essex girl born and bred lived in chelmsford until 6 months ago! in the very early stages of the wedding planning looking into everything but no booking as yet, have fallen in love with maidens barn as a venue just trying to find out about the caterers they use before booking!!
  • kegukkeguk Posts: 159
    hi another essex bride here , im getting married at Three Rivers in march , cant wait!! do any of you know of any good chair cover companies locally (as cheap as poss!)
  • Hi I am an Essex bride too and getting married in March also. On the 8th at Ye Olde Plough House in Bulphan. I have become addicted to this forum and have used tips from other posts but not too sure how to reply and where but hopefully will get used to it. I am now trying to search for good value photographers as we are on a budget but I spent it on the venue!!! Any other buget ideas in Essex area would be great. So far I have my dress, shoes and tiara. Isn't this exciting!!!
  • Our photographer was Sally Jones (sallyjonesphotography.co.uk) and we would highly recommend her. She was fantastic and did absolute marvels. I really hate having my photo taken, staged smiles and all that, and was dreading seeing the photos. Darren is very photogenic and never takes a bad photo which made it even worse. She was very professional and really put us at our ease. When the proofs arrived, Darren and I were lost for words, they are absolutely fantastic and I never dreamt for a moment how good they would turn out. We've now got to decide which ones we want and to be honest if we could have them all we would. Its going to be a very hard decision deciding what ones not to have!
  • michnaukmichnauk Posts: 211
    Jools63, please show us your pictures, i for one would love to see them xx
  • mrjaggamrjagga Posts: 10
    I attended a wedding at Leez Priory in Essex on Valentines Day. I was very excited about going to this wedding as myself and my partner are getting married next year and are currently looking for places to hold our wedding and wanted to get some ideas. The venue was lovely, when we arrived into the car park it took our breath away as it was just beautiful..... however the service that the bride and groom received was not. When we arrived there were no signs directing guests where to go, it was freezing so we were eager to get into the buliding but had to walk around it twice to find the way in. When we got into the buliding, there were no staff to be seen. We finally found someone and asked if we could buy a coffee somewhere to warm ourselves up and this took 20 minutes. We understood that staff were busy preparing for the wedding, but the bar wasnt open and this would have been an opportunity to make more money from the guests. The wedding itself went very smoothly and was a joy to watch. ReceptionWe were delighted to be sitting down at the table ready for our feast and all was going well until, unfortunately, the chef made a mistake with the menu. The guests were supposed to be eating chicken in a creamy white wine sauce, however it came as chicken in gravy. The bride and groom were obviously disappointed at this as it was thier very special day, and quite rightly felt as though everything should be as they arranged. It is understandable that mistakes happen, after all we are all human, however it was the way that the mistake was dealt with that really disappointed everyone. The bride and groom complained, and were told that the gravy had white wine in it so it was a white wine sauce, this led to a confrontation just outside the room which all the guests could hear. The bride got upset. The head of service came into the dining room to announce that a mistake had been made. The bride was talking and the head of service was rolling her eyes for everyone to see which I found extremely rude. She then announced that service would be going ahead as planned and disappeared. The bride and groom did not enjoy their meal after this, and when asked for compensation were not given any whatsoever. I have worked in various hospitality establishments and have studied for a degree in hotel and restaurant management and found what happened on that day really unacceptable. The customer service was awful and I felt as though the error could have been dealt with so much more professionally. The head of service then stood at the stop of the stairs (waiting for the food to be ready to serve) glaring into the room and shaking her head. I approached this lady and asked her if she was ok as she looked very annoyed and upset. I suggested that the venue offer the bride and groom some compensation for the mistake immediatley to calm the situation down and progress with the rest of the wedding. I said, even to give everyone a free drink would be an idea or to offer them a percentage off the price. The lady then said to me.... " Well I think they've got quite enough out of us already to be honest with you"... which I could not believe. That is not the sort of customer service, attitude, or behaviour I would or anyone would expect to see at a top class establishment such as Leez Priory. I then shrugged and said that it was up to the lady, and she said.... "yes, you're right it is up to me" in a very rude manner and said that they hold "260 weddings a year, I think we know what we are doing". The evening carried on, and the cake was not cut (I would have thought the front of house manager would have reminded the bride and groom of this) and the bouquet was not thrown. I felt as though the venue could have organised this to happen seeing as though they hold so many weddings a year. The buffet was served later on in the evening, which then also led to sickness from various people who had eaten the fish cakes, including myself.
  • mrjaggamrjagga Posts: 10
    this is a letter one of my guests wrote to leez and they never even replyed, they ruined my one and only special day
  • ria0310ria0310 Posts: 25
    HI there

I'm getting married in August 2009 at Bulphans Church, Essex followed by a marquee reception at my h2b's uncles land behind his house also in Bulphans.

HAs anyone got any recommendations with regards to hiring a marquee and hogroast.

Thanks

Ria
  • Hello

I am getting married in NearDunmow, real old fashioned church.

Looked at so many venues, Maidens Barn, Vaulty Manor, Hedingham Castle and a couple in Colchester. Still deciding which one to go for as we want an outside bar b que for the evening and need the space to continue throughout.

I am having Green and Diamonte for my colour scheme, may sound odd but if what I am thinking comes off should look pretty good.

Becasue of the job I do I have quite a few contacts so if anyone wants any specifics in this area then let me know, photographers, marquees, caterers, dresses even, then just ask ! image
  • teiganukteiganuk Posts: 580
    hi...we are getting married at Vaulty Manor in heybridge and also having the reception there. Im sure this venue does b.b.q's bling bling. xx
  • We went to see Vaulty on Saturday. Really loved it thats my fave at the moment and they do BBQ's on the terrace. Perfect !

Are you gong to stay in the bridal suite or are you looking to stay elsewhere on the night?
  • carawardcaraward Posts: 13
    Hi

I am getting married at Maidens Barn in October and pretty sure you can have the bbq outside. Its nice as they dont charge you corkage which makes a big difference to the drinks bill.
    Hi

I am getting married at Maidens Barn in October and pretty sure you can have the bbq outside. Its nice as they dont charge you corkage which makes a big difference to the drinks bill.
    Hi

• verlieukverlieuk Posts: 1,328
    A friend of mine got married at Maidens Barn last year and she had a Hog roast!
  • Hi there

I live in Chafford Hundred and I am getting married at The Fennes in December 2009. It will have the Christmas decs up and I am going this December to see what it is like. I can't wait !!!

I've been a bit organised in booking the registrar and photographer so far. Not sure when to everything else as I feel I still have a good bit of time... or do I??? :\?
    Hi

I am sure you will get lots of different responses. I think you have loads of time. I got engaged last Sept and was living in France so didnt get back to start organising til Jan.

It is great for you too at Fennes as you wont have to sort a caterer, drinks dj etc like we did for our wedding. It will all come together bit by bit!
  • mrsgoonermrsgooner Posts: 98
    Hi girls,

Anyone getting married at Crondon Park?

Our wedding is booked for April 9th next year. Would love to hear any thoughts!

xx
  • Quoted:
    Hi

I am sure you will get lots of different responses. I think you have loads of time. I got engaged last Sept and was living in France so didnt get back to start organising til Jan.

It is great for you too at Fennes as you wont have to sort a caterer, drinks dj etc like we did for our wedding. It will all come together bit by bit!

Hi, thanks. I feel I have enough time and yeah I don't have to worry about caterers etc so that takes a lot off the list that needs to be done.

I'll worry more when it gets to a year in December on what I need to do.