what next

I have just provisionaly booked our wedding venue for november 2o11. What do I do next????? I have no clue about the registrar ect so what is the next step. image

• are you getting married there or at a different venue?

give you local registry office a call and find out what the process is, then get in and give notice and book a registrar ASAP.s o you know you can definitely go ahead with your plans.

then the fun bits start - colour scheme, your dress, BM's dress and all the lovely details that go with planning your day
  • Ms_NatalieMs_Natalie Posts: 1,997
    yes, contact your registrar as soon as possible to ensure they are available!

Enjoy your planning image
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,787
    Contact and book the registrar, you need to know which district the registrar comes under and then contact that register office, then start to look for photographer and band/ disco as these get booked up quite quickly.

• Definitely registrar next and asap, then prioritise i.e photographer, entertainment, florist etc.
  • You will then have to give notice of your intention to marry at your designated Registry Office, but that can only be done from 12mths prior to your wedding date at a cost of £33.50 each at the moment. This notice only lasts 12mths so I should make sure you are set on this date before you give notice, because if you have to change to a later date, which is out of the 12 mths notice, you will have to pay the fee again.

Hope that was comprehensible lol x

• Ms_NatalieMs_Natalie Posts: 1,997
    what date have you booked the wedding for?

I am also a november bride and get married on the 5th! FREE FIREWORKS! image
  • amyyearleyamyyearley Posts: 3,442
    get a bridal mag! they all have to do lists which are a little over-zealous but give you a good idea of the things which need to be done early because they get booked up months in advance! xx