Help...! Outdoor civil ceremony venue

hey everyone,

this is my first post to the y&yw chat forum and I hope you can help me as we are struggling to find the type of venue we really want for our wedding next year!

We have only been engaged for a week (we've been together for 6 and a half years!) but we really want to get married next year. Now comes the tricky bit. We really want to have our civil ceremony outside (under a licensed gazebo) and our wedding breakfast and evening reception in a marquee, all at the same venue in preferably either Kent or Essex but we would consider any of other home counties too... We've found a few that cater for our requirements but 2 have no availability for 2011 and we haven't been able to view any of the others due to the snow! I was wondering whether anyone else was looking for a similar venue and whether you could let me know of venues that they've come across that offer this type of wedding...

Thanks everyone xx

• First of all, congratulations!

May I suggest Leez Priory: http://www.countryhouseweddings.co.uk/leez-priory/

They have an outdoor option but also a great indoor selection in case the British weather lets you down. I got married at St Audries which is in the same group and got a really good last minute deal.
  • amyyearleyamyyearley Posts: 3,442
    I do know of a place but may be out of your area:

http://www.shuttleworth.org/swiss-garden/weddings-private-hire.asp
  • thank you littlemissleek, we are both very excited! unfortunately, leez priory was one of the venues that didn't have availability for when we wanted image

and that venue looks lovely amy but it is a little far for us and our guests...
  • Two that spring to mind are:

Parklands - has a nice gazebo and large marquee. Gorgeous place with lots of rooms.

Mangapp Manor - not well known was a marquee with a stunning gazebo on the lake.

There might be more, as there are many marquees in Essex. However I can't remember if they have an outdoor ceremony.