what church songs are you having..

need idea's for hymns and mainlyu for the solist as were signing the register.

• I'm having

One more step along the world I go

Shine Jesus Shine

and either Give me joy in my or Lord of the dance.

All happy ones to make people smile.
  • NowMrsMaggsNowMrsMaggs Posts: 1,823
    All things bright and beautiful, lord of the dance and amazing grace are our hymns.
  • Whitley2b, I am having One more step along the world I go &

Shine Jesus Shine too! I love the words to one more step...very appropriate!

I love them both, we did a draft of our order of service so H2B and I had an impromptu sing a long...we are so rock and roll!
  • We are having Lord of all Hopefullness, Shine Jesus Shine and Make me a channel of your peace. That last one is just so beautiful we are having the All Angels version playing whilst we sign the register too xx
  • MORNING HAS BROKEN

GIVE ME JOY IN MY HEART

LORD OF THE DANCE

unsure what to do whilt signing the register at the moment. Any good suggestions for a tape of songs?? could try to find a local soloist? unsure. wont people want to chat? may not if soloist is singing.... not sure how that bit works haha! image
  • We're thinking of

Be our chief guest Lord (to morning has broken tune, really lovely words and everyone will know the tune)

Make me a channel of your peace

Either Lord of the Dance or Give me joy.
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    Like some of the suggestions, I think they are popular choices.

dependant on how many we have the shortlist are

- Lord of the dance

- Make me a Channel of your peace

- Morning has broken

- Give me joy in my heart

- One more step along the world I go

- Amazing grace

I love all things bright and beautiful too
  • We're thinking of one more step as i agree with others its very apt not really sure on the others would like you'll never walk alone for whilst signing the register as h2b is a lfc fan so need to see if its possible and item thing its appropriate too
  • we are having Jerusalem as our hymn and a song called Ferris Wheel by I am Kloot as we sign the register - the words are lovely.

My SIL and brother had a solist sing Pie Jesu and Ave Maria while they signed the register - it was stunning.