Pink Vintage Wedding Ideas

I really want a dusky pink vintage wedding theme and was wondering if anyone out there has had this or similar.

If so, could you let me know where you got decor etc from? Any special websites/shops etc that you could recommend?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Lucy x

• Cox and Cox, Borrowed and Blue and Etsy all have fab items that would match your theme. Happy hunting!
  • chezza2005chezza2005 Posts: 1,053
    Our colour theme is ivory and rose pink and we are having an English Country Garden theme within a marquee.

Our centrepieces are ivory birdcages with pale pink rose garland inside. We have a cake from Waitrose called 'Vintage Carousel' which is cupcakes and a small cutting cake on top in a sage green and pink colours (each cupcake either has a pink rose or a butterfly on the top). We are having pink enamel jugs on the top table and cake table with pink roses & peonies in and white broom (old fashioned garden style). We are having a white distressed photoframe on the sweetie table with a poem inside. I am making our table plan which is a board covered in Cath Kidston flowery material and there will be strings across it (like washing lines) with mini pegs holding everyones names.

Phew think thats it, cant think of anymore of our english garden/vintage/pink things at the mo. Oh and the fact our wedding breakfast is Afternoon Tea.x
  • Oooh Chezza2005 - I think are themes are really similar and are table plans are identical lol - great minds and all that! image
  • chezza2005chezza2005 Posts: 1,053
    Ahh excellent and by the look of your avatar we are both having pink peonies, hehe!

I will be selling all items after the wedding so if you haven't got everything you want yet you'll have to see if you want any of it.

• I went to a wedding fayre yesterday and there was a company who hire all things vintage, some really lovely things

www.bevintage.co.uk
  • Im having a pink & green vintage wedding theme..

Ive got a large flat bird cage for my table plan, My table centre decorations will be a number of jam jars with pale pink flowers in, and ivory tea lights around them, I have had some beautiful bunting made from a lady on Etsy and this will decorate my sweetie buffet (if you want her shop name i can pass it on for you). I have also raided my local charity shops for vintage glass containers and ice cream glasses to hold all the sweets! A fellow member of y&yw has made me some gorgeous enamal buckets with foam roses, tulle and fairy lights in(again if your interested i can pass on her details), . Oh and im also having peonies! (in my bouquet!)

• MrsMitchell2b12 you have got to get yourself down to a branch of The Range, they have all kinds of wonderful vintage style items - cake stands, bird cages, lanterns, enamel jugs, vintage style glassware, place holders, shabby-chic letters. All their stuff is very reasonable priced - I got large cream metal pitchers with a floral design sort of etched on for £3 - my florist wanted £10 each to hire a similar (less pretty) pitcher!
  • Soft pink dresses from my collection here:

http://www.abigailsvintagebridal.co.uk/html/soft_pink.html

See what you think. There are other colour galleries too.

Abigail.
  • NowMrsMaggsNowMrsMaggs Posts: 1,823
    Where to begin! Cox and Cox, Dot Com Gift Shop, Lovely Favours, Lavenders of London, Imagine Doing It Yourself, Confetti, EBAY spring to mind off the top of my head.

-We are having a birdcage decorated with a rose corsage, lace, marabou feathers, satin ribbons, and a vintage mini-frame to hold all our wedding cards - acts as our post box.

-you can do a gorgeous pink and white sweetie buffet (we are having pastel sage green as well)

-beautiful rose petals scattered on the tables

-my table plan is a vintage style frame from TK Maxx with a cream background, lace,and dusky pink ribbon, and a vintage brooch. Each table list has a floral wallpaper background

-roses and hydrangea everywhere!

-vintage teapot and cups and saucers for my sweetie buffet!

I'm sure there's more, but can't think off the top of my head :P
  • I'm having a dusty pink and grey/cream theme (I think!!!) I have been cutting out some things I like as I go along. I loved the Vintage collection from www.dressityourself.co.uk particularly the cake and the seat covers (although I don't think I'll stretch to them in my budget).

I will also be printing out this page to stick in my lovely vintage style wedding planner (my fiance knows me so well, he presented it with the ring!!!).