Forum home Getting started

Wedding venues in South East advice

Hi all, wondering if anyone can be of any help!? I've got an idea of a venue in my mind, but it doesn't seem to exist! Ideally we'd like somewhere that has the ceremony and the reception in the same place. Looking to get married March 2012. I'd also love a kind of listed building/town hall/village hall feel where the decoration could be done to look a little like a wartime street party - (part Hollywood glamour, part make do and mend) but not in the centre of London, so maybe in a local village? We live in south west London, but looking generally across the south east. Probably about 100 guests. Has anyone heard of such a venue? I've looked on so many sites and they don't seem to be anywhere!

• i live near southend in the south east, and there are so many manor houses, and hotels that are beautiful. im getting married in the rochford hotel which is beautiful but probably quite a way out from london. i would reccommend braxted park though thats amazing xxx
  • Thanks, they look lovely. I was hoping I could find more of a community building, rather than a country house, but one in the country, if you see what I mean! But I don't know if I'll ever find it as I'm not sure if a town building exists in the country!
  • aw yeah i know what you mean, i think it may be difficult finding that venue, but im pretty sure its out there. i would advise to go to as many venues even if they arent what you want, so you get an idea, and what you want may change. my ideas definitely have. and also go to lots and lots of wedding fayres, because the more people you talk to the more likely you are to find someone who will know somewhere exactly like that. good luck xx
  • I have delivered a wedding at Damerham village hall before, they don't have a license but you can have a celebrant, like me, deliver the service. It has a stream running through it and lovely weeping willow trees. It is a very special place and a lovely hall shaped like a barn.http://www.damerham.org/ I think it is exactly what you are looking for by the sound of it. It is in Hampshire, in the New Forest.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• amelia104amelia104 Posts: 12
    Hi, i think it will be hard to find a venue fulfiling all your requiermentsimage I personally don't know such venue. Try here to find venue proper for you. Here you can search for it: venues uk (click clickimage)

Show us if you find a nice oneimage
  • We haven't found a venue that has everything we wanted. Wanted a venue that was grand but cosy, had a civil ceremony lisences and a room that had a long aisle, a venue with wooden floors no carpets or curtains. silly things and also that would allow fireworks of our own choosen company of choice.

We have found all this in one venue expect fireworks!! I just deiceded at the end of the day, our ceremony is more important than fireworks.. and I'd rather have the ceremony of my dreams than a few twinkles in the sky image