Newbie saying Hi

Hello everyone, I am finally allowed to post on here after years of lurking! I've been with my fiance with 7 years and he proposed at Victoria Falls just over a week ago. I'm already obsessed with planning and I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with you all. Can't wait to get stuck in!

Oh, don't know if people need/want to know but I am 34, fiance is 36 and we're hoping to get married May 2012. image

• BrideybearBrideybear Posts: 657
    hello,

welcome and congratulations!
  • willbeMrsPwillbeMrsP Posts: 476
    Congratulations!!! That must have been so romantic!

Have you got anything booked yet for your big day?

Angie xx
  • lizzydeelizzydee Posts: 275
    Thanks very much willbeMrsP! Nothing booked yet. We've got a couple of venues to look at. We're in central London so we're hoping that somewhere here won't break the bank.

Not long for you I notice. That's exciting. Are you all sorted?
  • Congratulations and welcome to the mad house!!! image
  • Hello!

Another May 2012 bride! We have our own section if you want to meet more of us going through the same panic image

Victoria Falls- what a beautiful place for the proposal, I went there in 2000, its spectacular!

• willbeMrsPwillbeMrsP Posts: 476
    We're getting there - have my 2nd dress fitting tonight - don't want to go back to work this afternoon am so excited!!!!

The big things left to do are finalise the menu, pick hymns and readings and then order the invites - all to be done by the end of this month!!!

What venues are you looking at?
  • Congrats and hello!!

Were you surprised with his proposal, or did you know it was coming image
  • lizzydeelizzydee Posts: 275
    Ooo, sorry for not replying sooner - I've been distracted by wedding dresses!!!

willbeMrsP - how did your fitting go? Which is your dress?

Clare_Jeffery - thank you! After 7 years together I'd given up hope of us getting married so when he asked I was totally surprised! When's your big day?