photography

hi i am due to get married in dec 2011 does anyone know where to start

• JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    I used the Internet. I googled photographers in my area. Most websites had a price list, so I could check out whether they were in my price range. All good sites should have a gallery, so that you can get an idea of whether you like their style.

Have a look for some information about the photographer, e.g. their vision, qualifications etc.

Then I emailed the ones that I liked and went for an appointment with those available for my date. Make sure you see several full wedding albums. Any photographer can take a few decent shots, so you need to see a few full albums.

Photographers do get booked up fast, so you may have a lot of replies saying they are busy. I booked 16 months in advance and had several replies to say they were booked up.

Good luck. xx
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    Also, ask around. If you have any recently married friends or relatives, they may be able to advise you. If you mention which area you are from, some of the brides on here may be able to help. xx
  • demidoodemidoo Posts: 4
    i am from bolton phoned a few people but they all want about £1000 for 4 hours coverage can anyone recomend any image
  • welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224
    Have you tried going to wedding fayres in your area? I found those really helpful to get a good overview of what everyone was like and to compare prices etc x
  • amyyearleyamyyearley Posts: 3,442
    where are you and what are you looking for, ladies are from everywhere on here and i'm sure someone can offer you recommendations x
  • MrsRadcliffe1MrsRadcliffe1 Posts: 3,524
    Hiya Demidoo,

Take a look at my website and I travel image xx

www.amyradcliffephotography.com