Inglewood Manor

Hi, I have provisionally booked my wedding reception at Inglewood Manor for August 2013. Has anyone had or been to a wedding here?

Just looking for some views on it .... thanks! x

• Quoted:
    Hi, I have provisionally booked my wedding reception at Inglewood Manor for August 2013. Has anyone had or been to a wedding here?

Just looking for some views on it .... thanks! x

Inglewood manor is just BEAUTIFUL! the gardens make for some really beautiful pics especially in summer months!
  • emsyjemsyj Posts: 3,807
    I've been to a wedding there. The couple were really pleased with it and said the staff were nice, although this was about 4 years ago now. The gardens are lovely and it's nice inside. There was quite a long delay with the food but I think that was a one-off problem on their day, rather than a regular issue.

It is quite small and if you have the maximum number of guests allowed it feels quite cramped. That would be my only 'downside'.
  • I got married at Inglewood Manor last July. It was the most perfect day ever! We had 68 guests in the daytime and around 130 for the evening reception. We stopped at the venue the night before the wedding and got married at 12pm in the 'Fox Suite'? I think it was called which is the bigger room at the back right side of the manor. We then went straight to the terrace for drinks and canapes and spent a lovely few hours in the sun before sitting down to our meal at 3pm. The food was amazing, all of our guests were saying they'd never had food as good at a wedding before. I'd had a wobble and considered cancelling about 18 months before the wedding as was concerned about all of my guests not being in the same room (some needed to be on 2 tables in the lounge) but on the day it was fine, Inglewood repositioned the top table for us so we had no issue in seeing all of our guests. We closed the biggest reception room off for a few hours after the meal (some people went to their rooms to change for the evening, some stayed in the bar, some used a charicaturist we'd arranged) and had our band set up in that room for the night do. This was much better than using the small room in my opinion, but then our band were quite rowdy and our night do was a huge party! image The buffet was moved to the smaller room which became a peaceful haven as there were 2 tables set up in there. I couldn't recommend Inglewood highly enough, if you book your wedding there you won't be dissapointed!

• We're getting married at inglewood this August too! Hope your planning is going ok! Xx xx
  • Booked inglewood for next year!! Are there anymore reviews of the venue xx
  • I filmed a wedding there in October and it's now one of my favourite venues! As the girls have said above, the gardens are BEAUTIFUL! The staff were lovely on the days leading up to it (we met the couple before the day) and on the day and the food was lovely too. It's really nice for smaller weddings as it has an itimate feel. It was very simlar to how our venue felt (Hillbark Hotel) and the guests loved having the option of cosy seating area of dancefloor. There's some venues where the rooms seem really seperated but this seems a nicer layout...

http://www.lovegetssweeter.co.uk/2012/12/16/a-chilly-october-wirral-wedding/