Venue Advice-North West!

Hi folks,

First time posting on here! Eeek!!

After 3 years of being engaged to my lovely other half, we have finally decided to start planning the wedding for next year, but I seem to be struggling to find a venue so was wondering if anybody has any ideas. Ideally I'm looking for a small venue in the North West area. Something with a country cottage type feel.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them, as I don't seem to be having much luck scouring the internet!

Thanks!

• Stephb1986Stephb1986 Posts: 2,536
    http://www.thurnham-hall.co.uk/

try these they are really lovely

Steph x
  • raspberry_jamraspberry_jam Posts: 616
    Moels hall

Stanley house hotel

Rufford old hall

West tower country house hotel image
  • flowergirl37flowergirl37 Posts: 148
    try beeston manor at hoghton its lovely!!!!
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756
  • WendyWeebleWendyWeeble Posts: 292
    How about Speke Hall or the Tithebarn in Southport?
  • Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for all your replies. Will certainly be taking a look at your fab suggestions. I'm mainly looking around the West Yorkshire area/ Cheshire and Lancashire. We live in the Greater Manchester area so anywhere within an easy drive really.

If anybody has any other suggestions, they'd be most welcome! x
  • oakwell hall near us, its lovely, can hold about 50-60 max for ceremony and then the barn next door for reception

good luck
  • MisscluelessMissclueless Posts: 283
    I'm in North West and I have gone for the Fishermans retreat in Ramsbottom as its an old quaint pub that has been given a modern twist!

If you need any help with entertainment photographers etc let me know as I have found very good but cheap people to do them!!
  • Boo181Boo181 Posts: 107
    We've gone for Hyde Bank Farm in Romiley as it's a small quirky barn with the cosy and informal feel we wanted and reasonably priced. x