florist - 1st meeting

Hi, I am trying to arrange some initial meetings with some florists to compare costs, but I don't know how long these initial consultations generally last? It would help me if people could share their experiences of how long these lasted. Thanks.

• ladyjane2787ladyjane2787 Posts: 255
    Me and other half went for ours a few weeks ago.

It lased about 45 mins depending on how many flowers etc you want.

I took loads of pictures of the sort of flowers i liked and a list of who would need flowers (bridesmaids, mums and all men for buttonholes etc)

They are going to email their quote to me soon

Hope this helps

Nichola x
  • MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279
    Hi i am a florist and it depends on if you know what you want or not. I have had appoinments with B2Bs which have lasted 30mins because they knew exactly what they wanted so it was just a question of how many, and whether they were available and then giving the qote. but i have also had appointments that have lasted a couple of hours because she didn't know what she wanted or where to start!

The best thing to do is make sure you have some kind of idea as to what you want or at least the flowers you like then you have something to work from. Taking pics from mags or off internet of things you like or dislike is always good too. If you don't know style you want or flowers then make sure you have an idea of the colour because sometimes this can rule out flowers straight away. image x
  • k2k2 Posts: 224
    My consultation with the florist took about an hour x
  • Thanks for your replies, this is really helpful info image
  • Quoted:

The best thing to do is make sure you have some kind of idea as to what you want or at least the flowers you like then you have something to work from. Taking pics from mags or off internet of things you like or dislike is always good too. If you don't know style you want or flowers then make sure you have an idea of the colour because sometimes this can rule out flowers straight away. x

Thanx for this, MrMRS2014 found this helpful image

Finding a florist is one of my "next on the list" jobs
  • Ours took 2.5 hours and we are only having a really small wedding! We had a good idea of what we wanted and took photos etc but also got lots of ideas from our florist. Have fun, I really enjoyed ours x