Finally getting around to it

Hi Ladies,

H2B and I have been engaged for 4 years, but due to lack of funds and being too busy workwise we have never really got round to doing it.

But we have finally decided next years THE YEAR!

I'm hoping to book the wedding for 24th August but we're still deciding on the venue at the moment.

Anyway just saying hi really image

Any other Oxford brides out there?

x

• TripTrip Posts: 120
    Hi there many congrats on setting your date,have u thought about many venues yet image.

Rach x
  • Lil_LoveLil_Love Posts: 52

Hi - Thanks.

Yes got a couple in mind but the 1 that i really want we're going to look at next week. I'm hoping to have the venue booked within 2 weeks - we haven't told the rents yet as we want to surprise them when it's all booked x

Omg im terrible for secrets. I wouldnt be able to keep it. We looked at about 8 venues and would have looked at a lot more but numbers and budget meant we had to limit ourselves image but have booked one.

Rach x

ha ha - I'm not very good either i just keep telling people but don't tell the H2B! I really haven't told the rents yet though!

The thing is we have quite a small area to look for venues and we've had so many weddings over the past few years that we have been to most of them.

The good thing about the one i want is that none of our friends have used it and its slightly qwerky and different which i like. Plus they have a great package offer at the minute so I'm pretty sure it's the one.

Just got to have a nosey round and get it booked x

When's your wedding date? x

Lol thats de ja vu its the same for us especially with the size of venue we were looking for. The place weve booked my cousin had for her evening do last year and at first I couldn't see padt that nut now im happy with it and know I can make it my own.

Our date is 7th june 2012 a long wait but so far going over quick (its my 2nd time).

Rach x

Yeah i've been quite lucky with this place as thought i was going to have to limit the day to 50 guests due to budget, but they're doing a package for 80 day guests which we can afford and it's just lovely.

I know what you mean about the long wait, but it will come round quickly.

Have you got much sorted yet?

Church and venue are booked, photographers booked image and we went to look at rings the other day so going to order them asmine has to be made and the guy said that gold just keeps going up and up.

Not going to do much more til next year though as will have nothing left to sort image. What about yourselves have you looked at much.

Rach x
  • We're going to see the venue for the ceremony tomorrow, so hopefully will book that & the registrar. Then looking at my main venue next week.

I'm going to do loads myself including, save the dates, invites, table centres, cake, treat table etc. i'm off to hobbycraft tomorrow to start picking some bits up.

I'm not going dress shopping until next year and i think i'll wait until then to sort things like flowers! I need to pace myself as I want to do it all not - lol x

Planning a wedding in a year is just the right amount of time as something to do every month image,u looked at many dresses online yet.

Rach x
  • Hey Rach,

Booked the ceremony venue today and decided to go early to see the main venue - it was lovely and just what we want so will be booking that and the registrar Monday! I'm so excited.

I tried on a few wedding dresses a couple of years back and really loved an Ellis bridal dress which you can still get. But i've also seen a beautiful Maggie Sottero lace dress that i want to try. How about you?

x

http://www.alfredangelobridal.co.uk/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=74d9f07c-a9fa-4a24-a92c-1d7503dbf987&categoryID=0fb8d3ca-5030-43bb-9e1b-90ffb001ae14&pg=0&colorId1=

Really liking the style of this one so when it comes to that time will see if its still available image. Thats brilliant news on both venues you must be on cpoud nine at mo lol and at least you have your date for definite.

Rach x
  • That's a lovely dress - when do you think you'll start trying dresses on? I think i'll wait until Dec/Jan.

Yeah really pleased to have the date and know where we having everything - i've been stressing about getting venues in our budget and we've managed to bag a really good deal.

I can start working on save the date cards and invitations now - woohoo! Although I really can't decide on a style for these, can't get inspired by anything i've seen.

Have u decided on a colour scheme yet,im going to make our invites too just to try and save some money image.

Rach x
  • Well I'm thinking of having lots of white but with pastel colours mixed in, so bridesmaids will be in pastel colours etc.

I need to find a style of invite that i like to copy but i just can't find anything.

Just been on Vistaprint and found lovely save the dates though - so i think i'll order those Monday x

We r having save the date fridge magnets as people r hopeless at losing them image,our colour scheme is purple,silver n gold image xxx