September 2013

Hi,

My first post on this site image

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good wedding planner in the yorkshire/humberside area? We were originally going to get married in 2014 but have decided to bring it forward, I now have 10 months to plan!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Maria x

• Also...

Any other ladies getting married in September 2013? If so, how far are you along with planning? Look for some buddies image x

• Hi Maria, I'm getting married om 21st sept 2013 in Scotland , I have my dress, tiara and shoes, my bridesmaids dresses, their jewellery, the photographer, the cake, the invites, the decor, the florist, our rings, the favours, the cars , the string quartet and the band and my hair sorted so far not much more to go! It's so exciting! Happy planning xx
  • OMG - the only thing I have done is the Church booked! We only decided at the weekend to bring the date forward, so I have a hectic 10 months ahead of me! Well done on being so organised image xx

• Ive got the 'big stuff' done, left the transport for the OH to sort (i gave him that job in april....still no transport booked or even enquired!!) Just need to do transport, save the dates/invites, hair/make up and bridesmaids. image

• Hi Maria,

I am a September bride, we've booked the 7th. image I ordered my dress on Friday and booked our honeymoon on Monday

We got engaged on New Years Eve. So far I've sorted ceremony venue, reception venue, flowers, transport, music, bridesmaids dress, my dress, honeymoon, save the dates. We are doing our food tasting in January
  • Oh and photographer! Can't believe i forgot that haha!
  • MrsF2b2MrsF2b2 Posts: 831
    Hi Maria, I'm another on sep 7th. I've booked the venue and registrar but that's it!

I have made appointments to see some caterers, a hairdresser, look at dresses and I've contacted some cr??che people. My mum is doing my invites so I'm putting together pictures to give her an idea of what I'm after.

That's about it so far, one of my bridesmaids doesn't even know she is a bridesmaid yet, although she is 8 so she is hardly likely to refuse!
  • Hi all,

Ahhh other 7th September brides - excited to speak to you! Also feeling quite far behind you all in the preparation aspects, should I be panicking? MrsF2b2 - happy to hear we are at similar stages! I booked to go and see some dresses on the 10th, going to try and book a few other appointments. Need to find a planner ASAP, to help with my marquee wedding. Are any of you having a marquee? I've not told my bridesmaids either yet, although I am sure they all know! xxx

• Hi ya I'm a 15th September bride! So far we have booked the venue which includes all food and the evening entertainment and hog roast. I have bought my dress, shoes and veil and told my bridesmaids, I have found their dresses but not buying yet as I hope they go in the sale soon. We have booked the registra, a steel band for the drinks reception and decided on the cakes (one chocolate, one cheese) booked photographer and booking the transport this weekend. Have looked at rings and flowers but won't panic about them at the moment. We sent our save the dates in September!
  • MrsF2b2MrsF2b2 Posts: 831
    My venue has a hall for the ceremony and evening entertainment, but also a marquee for the meal and lovely grounds to wander about in. The marquee goes up in spring and comes down in the autumn so we don't have to worry about getting it into place or anything. The venue provide table and chairs but that's all, the caterers even bring in their own ovens!
  • Mrs EMrs E Posts: 3

Hi Maria, I have recently got married and our wedding planner was amazing! So helpful. Her website is www.lindydowling.co.uk Good luck with your planning x

• If your looking for a photographer then please check out my websitewww.glenwilliam.co.uk

www.facebook.com/glenwilliamphotography

If your on a tight budget then we can discuss a suitable package for what you need (:

• Im getting married on 27th of September and have only booked the venue and the photographer.  My god think I need to get my skates on! Lols x

• NadineNadine Posts: 12

Hey Ladies, I'm getting married 14th September, we've only been planning the wedding for a month and we have booked the church, the marquee (we are having the wedding reception in a marquee in my parents garden), brought my dress...its hanging at my mums in the 'wedding room' image, booked the cars, the photographer, the florist, the cake, the DJ, brought the favour boxes and the centerpieces and we have started to buy all the alcohol. We have decided on the wedding stationary, so going to pay the deposit for that at the end of the month and want to get my bridesmaid dresses ordered before christmas.

Thought I would be stressed with all this wedding planning but actually its not been that bad at all, and I'm really enjoying the whole thing. If you know what you want and have a vision for how you want your wedding to be then it really doesn't take that long to plan everything. I wanted all the big things out of the way before Christmas so that when we are on the home stretch in the new year its not a made rush as we are just going to have all the last bits and bobs to do....oh and most importantly we've got to sort the menu out....we are having a BBQ so catering for it ourselves.

Sooooo excited and can't wait for the big day image xxxx

• Hey I am 28th September 2013

We have booked Church, Venue, Cars, Photograper, ordered my dress n bridesmaid. Booked Honeymoon.

Unsure what favours to have whats everyone having

• Wow Nadine you have got so much done in a month!!

Zoe we are having a sweetie bar for our guests instead of favours image