West Midlands Venues

Hello! I'm just recently engaged and we're looking for a different venue in the West Midlands. We're in Birmingham and ideally wouldn't like to go too far, but we don't want the traditional manor house/wedding breakfast. We want to be able to put our own stamp on things....we like the idea of a barn conversion, ideally not too expensive!

Any ideas????

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Is Telford/ Shropshire too far?  Around 45 mins to 1 hour from Birmingham..........

The Hundred House Hotel in Norton has a lovely barn used for weddings/ functions:

And Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust has a great conference/ event space in Coalbrookdale (the covered bays) with a 'barn feel' to it:

• PenlouPenlou Posts: 73

I am getting maried at the Lord Leycester Hospital in Warwick and it really is a lovely venue. You can definitely put your own stamp on it. If you have a lot of guest though it might not be the best place as they have a maximum capacity of 60 during the ceremony and 90 during the reception. It's not too far away from Birmingham...

• I'm a Sutton Coldfield bride getting marries at Moxhull Hall-it is traditional but they will go out of their way to assist you to make it your own day. Staff are AMAZING!
  • Thank you girls image I will have a good look at these.

• A friend of mine got married here at Packington Moor http://www.packingtonmoor-events.co.uk/ it was amazing. We're getting married at Coombe Abbey but not in the house, in the Abbeygate which has a different feel to it - you should check that out too image Good luck! 

• I'm getting married at Mythe Barn near Atherstone, just finished last year! The only place we viewed and knew I had to had to get married there. Mainly because it is such a blank canvas for your own decorations etc, have a look image
  • lula12lula12 Posts: 81

Ooh DrewsNYE we are venue twins!! image

• Yes lula12! How perfect is it really?! When's your date?

Its beautiful isn't it!! We are getting married on the 30th March...so on big countdown now! how about you? 

• Wow, you must be so excited! I'd love to see what you have planned for the place decoration wise - it's just so stunning.

I have ages image New Years Eve 2014.
    Yep very excited now! We booked when it was still a building site so it has been lovely to see it all get finished!

We are having glass cake stands with china tea cups filled with flowers on tables. Then we are lining the aisle in ceremony barn with candles! New years eve will be amazing! It will come round so quickly! Have you got your dress?
  • Yes, have the dress! Couldn't resist really!

Wow, candles and tea cups will suit the place down to the ground, I hope you have lovely weather for some nice outdoor shots. I've cancelled out that idea but then there are so many lovely shots inside too. Is there anything left you have to do? I bet your all sorted x

Dress shopping is the best bit! 

I hope so, will find out on the day hehe! I will try and post some pictures afterwards on here.  I'm crossing everything for a bit of sunshine, we want to have drinks reception in the courtyard.  We took our photographer to view it last week and he said it was a photographer's dream venue so I'm sure you will get plenty of good shots!

Mostly all the little bits left to make now like favours and table plan but am off on half term this week so going to make a start! Got dress fitting and hair trial this week too! Eek! x

• we are getting married at birmingham botanical gardens - i cried when i visited for a quick look so i think that was a deciding factor! great space for pictures and quite individual - not a classic hotel wedding