Venue help in Leicester/Derby Area (east midlands)

Hello, I know budgets never work out but I seriously need help with venues in and around East Midlands Area. My fiance and I are not showy people and I just want the people closest to me to be present at the ceremony and reception. Im stressing out as we need a place that will allow us to have the civil ceremony and reception in one place but I dont want to end up spending 20grand on a wedding! We dont have that money and we dont want to get in debt over getting married.

Does anyone know of any venues that offer space for roughly 100 ppl ( we have huge families) that wont cost us the earth. Parents have said they will help us and we are going to save for the big day and I dont mind making lots of bits myself! I already know what I want for wedding dress and other outfits , its mainly the ven.ue stressing me out.

Planning on getting married beginning of 2015! x

• Shame you want to get married in 2015, Hothorpe Hall (south leicestershire) would be perfect for your numbers and suddenly have a late availabilty slot for Sunday 28th July 2013.For a lot less money than the normal price.

It is a beautiful venue, exclusive use, stunning grounds, food is delicious and rooms available as well.

Might be worth a look for this year or the future image

• I have had a look at that place , it does look amazing!!! I think I want to enjoy being engaged for at least a year and enjoy the planning. Starting to think registry office and pub might be the only way hahaha!! Ahhh we will get there image x

• Miss_XMiss_X Posts: 263
    We are having our reception at the Hallmark Hotel in Derby. They do a 'wedding in a box' package, which we found great as they put you in touch with some fab suppliers and although you get certain things included in the price, you can upgrade things. We are having about 75 people in the day and 120 at night, whereas the standard package is for 50/100. You just pay for the extra heads. We have also upgraded our flower package and cake so we can have exactly what we want.

The suppliers they use are Blossom Treet florist in Melbourne, Melbourne Cakes and Jakt photography (who we went to meet and does some amazing photos, really relaxed and magical looking). Check out all of their websites image

The venue itself is lovely too with a nice garden area outside and it is also right by the train station. They are pretty flexible there too as we have arranged for another supplier to come in to do our table decorations and they were (until we changed our mind) allowing us to have goldfish centrepieces lol!

The package price varies dependant on time of year and which day, but I would definitely have a look at them if you are trying to keep the budget down (and it has made our planning extremely stress free) image
    Oh and they can have the ceremony there too.....we just aren't using them for that as we are getting married at St Giles church in Hartington image
  • Ahh Thank you Miss_X that place looks so nice! Think im going to book in to go have a look xxx

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024 New bride
    We went to a wedding at Alrewas Hayes in November which was lovely
    You'll have to let me know how you get on Rebecca. We are having our reception there on the 2nd August this year so you will probably see me discussing it afterwards image xx
  • Try the Priest house, a really great team there and it's a beautiful venue image

http://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/hotels/priest-house/

Good luck!

James

• Thanks SO much everyone!!! We are looking at Shottle Hall in Derbyshire on March 30th image these are all brilliant suggestions, i will look at them tonight !

• BexFreewillBexFreewill Posts: 288

Hi image

When we were looking for our venue, we visited Brooksby Hall in Melton Mowbray- they cater for small and large weddings and their packages are affordable. The people who showed us around were lovely too image We would have chosen Brooksby Hall if it wasn't too long of a drive away from our church image

xxx

• glitter2707glitter2707 Posts: 350
    Alrewas Hayes = mega expensive! But beautiful. I phoned them as no prices on their website & when she was talking thousands before food etc i had to stop her & say sorry out of my price range!

Castle park farmhouse in donington is a nice venue & quite reasonable I think. As is newton park hotel near burton on trent, they do packages with food disco etc for around 3k I think
  • KK12KK12 Posts: 927

How about Sutton Bonington Hall? We would get married there in a heartbeat as it is gorgeous but not quite what we are after in terms of price but then again you never kno until you start asking what the venue can do!

Ooooo, I went to a wedding at Shottle Hall last year! It was really lovely image Nice grounds and views etc xx
  • I'm getting married at Brooksby Hall near Melton next summer.

There is a lovely little church on the grounds (but they also do civil ceremonies in the hall) The grounds are beautiful. The venue fee itself isn't expensive compared to other places either!