Negotiating venue costs

Hi all, im looking to get married next summer in Kent most probably a country house type venue. Do venue let you negotiate venue costs? Price per head costs? How flexible are they? Are the prices they quote the prices you have to pay? Any help grately appreciated x

• Hi Zoe,

We looked at numerous venues and got an idea of what you get for your money, got a few quotes etc.

We gave quotes to venue of choice and asked if they could match/beat it. They were able to match it, which was a reduction of around £20 per head on there brochure price.

It's definatley worth a try.

• MrsMcG2beMrsMcG2be Posts: 402
    If they won't let you reduce the cost per head most venues will be flexible and for example let you go down to a two course meal and serve your wedding cake for desert to save some money.

My venue removed the venue hire charge because I was honest and said it was between two they were my favourite but were the more expensive. Def worth a try and seeing what you can get.
  • SammiSammi Posts: 279

Hi, we couldn't get an overall reduction but we did get 2011/2012 brochure prices - there have been 2 increases since we booked, and also got a bar extension worth £250 thrown in which was good for us as we have around 150-200 guests staying at the venue overnight so its nice to have the bar now open until 1am. Also it now costs an extra £2.50 per head to have the option of giving the guests a choice between 2 starters/3 mains/2 desserts which we got as standard so there is no harm in asking. It depends when you are planning your wedding as if its a saturday during peak dates there will be a lot of competition but I am sure you can haggle something, I think most places expect it!

• BexFBexF Posts: 98
    I think it will depend on what day/time you want to get married but no harm in trying!

We reduced corkage and got a few little bits thrown in but they weren't willing to negotiate much as its a Saturday in July. If we'd have booked a weekday or in winter we could have negotiated a lot more.
  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

We weren't able to negotiate at all - ours is a very popular venue and they know that if we didnt book, someone else would! They offer special deals for 'off peak' weddings, but as ours in in August they wouldn't do anything. We booked on a Friday though as you can use a cheaper package, that they dont allow on Saturdays, so we did save there but had to compromise with a Friday wedding.

Worth every penny though and wouldnt change it for a cheaper one! image