help 6k budget essex/herts or abroad!!

Hi, I'm trying to get my head around all this wedding stuff. I've got about a 6k budget and I want a wedding venue that's exclusive for 50 day guest plus another 20 evening guest, food around £30 per person or lower and I want a 3 course meal then evening buffet on top ( or just bacon/sausage rolls. I'm looking to get married in May 2015 ideally Thurs-Sat.

I want countryside over buildings, woodland/marquee/manor house, anything that's not a golf course.

Has anyone planned a wedding like the above and can give me the information for their wedding??

I'm getting sick of looking online at venues to find I can't afford them after pricing it all up they're coming to 10k+

I want a vintage style wedding with blush colours. My sisters a wedding florist so that's covered and got my dress before my friend closed her wedding shop. 

I'm in Essex but happy to travel for nice venue within budget-EVEN abroad, although I'd only have 30 guests going abroad.

All advice and help much appreciated!!

Thanks, I'm clueless!

• look at Ye Olde Plough House in Bulphan Essex, they do some good packages.  I think they have a wedding day coming up.....

• A good site to look at is Country House Weddings, this is the one in Essex http://www.countryhouseweddings.co.uk/leez-priory/

They often do deals, the one at the moment is £4k for May 2014.  It might be worth looking at?  Downside is, it's a last minute booking, when we went to Leez Priory, I fell in love as it's such a beautiful estate.  But when we got a quote two years ago, it came out to £14k because it wasn't last minute!

Best of luck! x

• Im doing mine for around the same budget, but we're travelling to East Sussex for it. Take a look at Swallows oast in Ticehurst. They dont charge corkage either, so thats saving us a fair amount.

• Thanks every one! I really don't want last minute, I've seen some brilliant packages for 2014 but I've got a baby and want her to be at least 1.5/2 for walking down the isle as well as I'm on maternity leave so money will be too tight doing it this year.

I'll take a look at those venues and see how I get on, I'm now thinking of Cyprus as found a great wedding planner for 32 people to sit down, exclusive ceremony,DJ,drinks,2 tier cake and lots of other bits it 5.5k.

I've also thought about Pontlands in Great Baddow, anyone been there or had a wedding there?

Thanks for all the help in advance xx

• MrsSabsMrsSabs Posts: 560

Our wedding has come to about £6k...6 weeks to go!

We saved the most money by finding a venue that doesn't make you have a 3 course meal and let you take your own wine for a small corkage fee.  We then saved up all our Nectar points and got all the wine with them when Sainsbury's had a buy 6 bottles get 25% off deal!  Would only work if you go for a UK wedding of course!

• MrsSabs, where did you get married? Could you tell me all the details?

I would like a sit down meal however am open to suggestions if it will save me money.x

• MrsSabsMrsSabs Posts: 560

Our wedding is next month at a registry office that's also a listed building so that kept the ceremony cost down. Reception venue is near by. It's an old pub that is right on the water with great views, gastro pub food with lovely dark wood features & fire places! We love it!

We're decorating with paper chains & jam jars/ milk bottles with flowers in. A budget vintage wedding can be done! We are having a 2 course sit down meal that our guests chose with their RSVP & an evening buffet. There are 45 for the wedding & about 115 in the evening!

• We have a marquee venue in Kent where you can have a three day wedding celebration including camping for your guests. If you would like some information please PM your email to me.

Alison x

• Hi!

Have a look at the room in the rodings - it's very much a blank canvas, lovely grounds and no corkage and can choose any caterers. Sister venue to Reid Rooms which is also lovely but more expensive.

For great prices and service look at At Your Beck and Call caterers - http://www.atyourbeckandcall.co.uk

• Hi All,

Just to keep you updated, so far, I've looked at the following Essex venues that have come in under 4k, of course i'll need around 2k for flowers,cake,bm dresses, suits, etc etc.

Pontalnds Park- really lovely but not sure if I like the apple green room and walking past the hotel guest rooms but this is a maybe.

Rochford Hotel- so far this is my favourite, its got a lovely ceremony area and gardens and the bar is in the same area as the dancing and the buffet is in an ajoining room, all great prices too.

Warley park golf club, was ok, but wasn't finished and ive heard they've doubled the price since last year because of the outside works however inside doesn't look that great and not work 5k.

Reid rooms- was lovely, no corkage, you get the caterers, no crockery/linen but the venue is stunning with big beams and I really liked the feel but 3k for JUST the venue was over priced for me.

Now to look at, Mary green Manor, Cromwell Manor, The old rectory, Crabbs barn and maybe The room in the Rodings.

Hope anyone reading this and is looking for an Essex venue checks these out as the packages for around 50 day guests and 70-80 evening guests are coming in at 4k with 3 course meal, reception drink, venue, buffet and some have a Dj in the mix too.

Not so daunting once I started finding places I liked that aren't 12k+

Thanks