Forum home Getting started

Guest Information Card Wording

Hi all,

I am getting married a few weeks before Christmas at a city centre hotel, the hotel itself has limited car parking but there are plenty of alternative options nearby including a train station around the corner. My only concern is that people who drive and have to park up may have to spend more time looking for a parking space! I know to a lot of people it's common sense but do you think I should remind people on the guest information cards that due to the close proximity to Christmas, allow additional time for parking if driving? There's bound to be someone who doesn't think their journey through and arrive after I've walked down the aisle!!

Most people I have spoken to will be getting the train or taxis as quite local to the area but I expect a handful will drive.

Thanks x

• SarahL1408SarahL1408 Posts: 154

I don't think it would hurt to include it on your invite.  I am sure guests would appreciate it.  I was actually late to my good friends wedding last year because of a road closure that we hadn't realised was there and was gutted.  Maybe you should do it really tactfully maybe something like

for guests who intend on driving to our wedding please bear in mind that as our wedding falls in the Christmas period, car parks may be busier than usual.  The nearest car parks to the hotel are: - etc etc etc

Hope that helps.

x

• AlmostMrsVAlmostMrsV Posts: 169

Oh no! image

I really like that wording - thanks very much! I think I will put it in, go with my gut feeling just to be on the safe side

x

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

Yep definitely warn them, my hairdresser and make up artist both got lost in the grounds of our venue, went up the wrong road, if I had to do it again I would have taken a few pictures of the 'route' once you get to the venue and popped them on our wedding website. I suspect a few of our guests made the same error but no ones fessed up that they got lost image

I also lied to all my guests the invites stated we were getting married 30 minutes earlier than we were, the only people who knew otherwise were the bridal party and immediate family!

• AlmostMrsVAlmostMrsV Posts: 169

Aha that's another really good idea! I think I'll do the same, just incase : )

Thanks!

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

Don't assume anything is common sense...I've reminded my guests on the invitations to eat lunch before coming lol.