Forum home Getting started

Ebay Wedding Dress

Hello everyone!

So whilst browsing on some forum topics and threads i realise that some brides have got their wedding dresses from ebay (made in another country) which are stunning and a fraction of the price. I know ebay is a massive site & there are some poor quality / fake things on there so i was just wondering if anyone could give me a seller with a good repuation?

thanks in advance xx

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

Mine was a sample dress being sold off on ebay so not a knock off but about the price of one! So I can't recommend any ebay sellers.

• lizzie-clizzie-c Posts: 11 New bride

Hi Joanna, I actually got my dress off an ebay seller it is called  inspiration bridal and I couldnt be happier with my dress! A friend of mine recommended the company (she also bought her dress from them) im really glad she did! However I know not everyones experience is the same and there is some horror stories out there! Hope this helps though x

• Joanna89Joanna89 Posts: 32

Thank you so much for your help! Really appreciate it! Xxx

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

Be very very careful about buying from eBay. There are some horror tales out and about this site on fb is just one example; https://www.facebook.com/BridesBeware also be careful of taking advice from the internet. Companies have been known to set up accounts and leave fake reviews posing as fellow brides. I am not saying that is what has happened above, but be very careful about the advice you choose to follow. 

But after all that doom and gloom good luck finding your dress at a bargain price. If you decided against eBay, depending on where you are in the country there are a few wedding shop outlet stores too! That sell dresses at knockdown prices. 

• I looked at eBay and found loads of dresses in style I want for less than £100 but when looking at reviews I was dubious as the English wasn't great and similar spelling mistakes were made across reviews! Not sure whether to risk it I enquired over here about getting dress I liked made and it came in at over £500! 

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

It is a risk, I was hoping the sample I bought was the real thing and not damaged/marked in any way that couldn't be fixed, but it was a £125 punt, luckily the dress was perfect, the reason I know it is genuine is I had the same dress made by the same designer but the shop ordered it in the size smaller than my ebay one and it didn't fit me.

So yes on my wedding day I wore a £125 dress and the £575 dress was left on the hanger, annoyingly that one has snags on it in obvious places, I was very careful when I tried it on so I think they were there before it left the shop but I was in shock the dress fitted so badly and they didn't give me chance to check it over properly, actually they were trying their best to get me off the premises as quickly as possible.

I think if you have time and the budget that means you can afford to take a risk why not? I bought a proper dress and if it wasn't for my ebay find would have been going down the aisle in a high street wedding dress or would have done a dash to one of the warehouse style places you can just walk in and buy designer dresses from. Which I discovered the weekend I picked up my dress that was too small!

I never tried this place but if I had put more effort into dress shopping, rather than just one day at the national wedding show, I would have gone to somewhere like this for a nosey http://weddingdress-factoryoutlet.co.uk/ 

Actually if we ever get to Kenya I need a dress for our vow renewal ceremony.......my actual wedding dress is a no go because my husband could never lace it up properly, it took 3 women to lace it up and 2 to get me out of it, so I need a dress with a zip!

• Joanna89Joanna89 Posts: 32

Thanks for all your replies!

I have been glancing at a few outlets actually they look really good. Im based in Surrey so I may have a look there before i have a look on ebay! 

Thank you for your tips!

xxxx

• lizzie-clizzie-c Posts: 11 New bride

I do think I was lucky, it was a long 6 week wait wondering what I would get but it turned out lovely. If it wasn't for my friends dress I don't know if id have risked it! My dress was still over £200 so wasnt the cheap ebay ones but still alot less than the bridal shops!

Good luck with your dress shopping! There are some great finds on pre loved sites also x 

•  Hello there, my name is Marie, I am a photographer based in Manchester. I am looking to build my wedding portfolio so I will be able to do your wedding for a very cheap price.

feel free to have a look around my website www.mariecooperphoto.co.uk or contact me through 07866992927 for any details.

Thank you,

Marie