Forum home Getting started

Popping the Question!

Hi Everyone!

I am newly engaged (my bf of 4 years popped the question under the Christmas Tree at the Rockerfeller Ice-rink in NYC on 22nd Dec!) 

We've just got back to the UK and started discussing our wedding which we hope to book for Summer 2016, I have 6 close friends i would like to ask one of them to be my Maid of honour, One Chief Bridesmaid and four to be Bridesmaids. 

I'm pinteresting like there is no tomorrow, and have found some lovely idea's of how to 'pop the question' to my Bridesmaids including a little goody box and a 'pop' the balloon idea (below)

Just wondering if anyone had 'popped' the question to their bridal party or if they planned to and how?

Congratulations to everyone on your engagements and happy wedding planning!

Tor xx

• Tor333Tor333 Posts: 7

Hi Tor,

Had to post if only because of the spooky similarities! Both called Tor and I too, got engaged in New York in December but on the ice rink in Central Park. He had planned to do it at the Rockefeller (I love that tree and Home Alone) but it was just so busy we went to Central Park instead. We had an amazing time and the last few weeks have been the best.

I 'popped the question' to my bridesmaids on Saturday as we all went out for my birthday. It was only a token gesture but they loved it. I included a Yankee Candle called 'Wedding Day' and a nail polish. I tried to get a polish with a wedding related name but they weren't easy to find. In the end, I got them one in a cute bottle. I bought the boxes and stuck the scrabble pieces inside myself. It is definitely worth doing and they were really touched. Even though I knew they would say 'yes', I was really nervous!

I got the idea off Pinterest- addicted at the minute. Hope your 'popping the question' goes well. Happy Wedding Planning!