Our Wedding Invitations!!

Hi, after many months of 'stalking' the forum on here, I have decided to post my wedding invitations.
Since I was a little girl I have always wanted 'Gate Fold' invitations where the recipient unties a bow to open them.

After tears and sleepless nights (boy there were a few!) and with a LOT of help from my friend, I can finally say I have my perfect wedding invitations.

I'd love to know what you guys think 

imageimageimage

• Oh they're gorgeous! Perfect colours for an autumn wedding too. I have slight envy as I dreamed of having an autumn wedding xx

• Laura498Laura498 Posts: 156

Thank you MrsHtobe2017.

The ribbon gives a BIG clue to the colour theme 

When do you get married?

• February 2017 so we've gone for navy/silver. Bit more wintery 

• rainbooboorainbooboo Posts: 545

Wow they are so pretty! Love the soft florals, really beautiful! I ended up going simple printed invitations from Vistaprint as it was an area we had to cut back on as splurged elsewhere so quite envious of your beauties!! xx

MrsHtobe2017 Lovely colour theme! 

rainbooboo Thank you, I'm hopefully going to input the peonies into my stationary. I'm sure your invites are lovely as Vistaprint allows you to customise your own and have a quick turnaround  

• They are BEAUTIFUL... I once had a dress with that exact same floral print. Love the matching envelopes as well... Without even seeing the rest of your choices, I KNOW your day is going to be beautiful. This has set a wonderful tone xxx

Thank you for your kind words Soon To Be Mrs Carberry.
    I wanted to set a first good impression and it looks like I have. Peoples reactions when opening them have been priceless, exactly the reaction I wanted. Some people untied the bow where as 
    others decided to slide it off because the bow looked too nice to untie which made me smile a little 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Aww they're really lovely! If my DIY invites look anything near as good as these I'll be so pleased! How did you do the printing and where did you get the card from if you don't mind me asking?

Hi, Jenni8 

These were also DIY - I have a friend who works in design and after telling her exactly what I wanted, she designed them for me. 
    I got the card from Ryman's just a normal A4 size 200gsm in ivory (which you just fold to fit your design) - I wish I got a thicker card (220gsm) as you can tell it's thin but it doesn't deflect from the design in any way and it still stands up once displayed.

My friend printed them for me. I'm unsure what printer she used etc.

Here is the link for the card: http://www.ryman.co.uk/ryman-card-a4-200gsm-50-sheets

I got the ivory envelopes from Ebay as I needed C5/A5 size. I would of got them from Ryman's too but they didn't have any of that size or colour in stock.

Here is the link for the envelopes: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171465150026?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=470505059544&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I hope this helps!! 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Aww lovely thank youuu!! Yes helps a lot! x

• Hannah221Hannah221 Posts: 41

These invitations are brilliant!   I havent done any as we are only having a small wedding but want to send something - my friend got hers from mywedding.com so I am thinking I might do the same - but love the idea of the ribbon...... might steal that for the ones that I get printed......

x