Any mature brides out there?

Or are there any threads going at the moment?

• DebrisDebris Posts: 32

Yep, Me . I'm 50 and getting married in September

• Mrs B2b3Mrs B2b3 Posts: 257
    Debris wrote (see post):

Yep, Me . I'm 50 and getting married in September

Yaaaayyyyy! Hi Debris I'm 50 something too getting married for the 3rd and final time next April. How's the planning going?

• DebrisDebris Posts: 32

Hey Mrs B2b3

Planning all going to plan at the moment thanks. I do have a fabulous friend who has been a huge help with everything.

I originally wanted a very small wedding but it seems to be getting bigger by the day Lol. Also wanted to stay away from it going down the traditional route too but there are elements of that creeping in too! Having said that I am really looking forward to my big day.

How's it all going for you?

XX

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Hello Debris and B2b3!

I'm in my 50s as well, and hoping to get married next year.  Like you, Debris, for the third and final time!

I think it will be a simple register office ceremony then a party in our garden afterwards.

x

• loolah1loolah1 Posts: 396

Hi, I don't know what constitutes a 'mature' bride but I am 42 and it is my second time around. Joining 2 families together and 5 kids. Are we crazy? Haha.
    I get married in 7 weeks.

• GinetteGinette Posts: 72

I got married at 48 last week, he's almost 52.  We went to Gibraltar and had the wedding planner and photographer as our witnesses.  Doesn't get any smaller than that!

• Hi! I'm 42, and getting married for the first time in 6 weeks.  My H2B is 48, it's his second marriage. 

Ah Ginette, how lovely - have you got any pictures? x

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 185

I'm 2 or 3 years from 50...even though I feel in my 20s...I get married for the 2nd time just under 9 weeks!  can't wait!

Thirdtimearound, there's one in my profile pic.  I've also advertised my dress for sale on here so there's a few more there!

Ah Ginette, I will take a look.

Anyone encountered any difficulties from friends or family when they've said they're getting married for the second or third time?

Wow, Ginette you look fantastic! 

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 185

Thirtdtimearound...my parents been fantastic,even though I had a pretty nasty split from my ex.. However my dad has been married twice...most of my friends have been fabulous,most also married twice...one friend did say I was mad and why would I get married at my age! My sister has also been a little strange and it transpires that she is annoyed I'm having a 'real' wedding instead of a reg office, think she may be upset as she only had registry for her wedding...

most discontent over the wedding has been the fact we are going to Scotland,5 hours away...again my side are embracing it...his side has been less than enthusiastic!  hey ho...Our day

• Kitten2014Kitten2014 Posts: 1,489

I'm a third-time wife and also not a spring lamb either. 

One the biggest challenges we've encountered was his ex, but beyond that the biggest challenge I personally encountered was basically a lack of interest/ involvement from my family. It was pretty clear that they are all pretty done with weddings, with three daughters with seven weddings amongst us. I can't say as I blame them: part of it was they were almost afraid to get to know & like our grooms because they weren't confident as to how long they would be in the family!  I know that's sad, but it was true.  

I would love to see one of the fellow multiple-time wives and/or "mature" brides do a planning thread and/or report.  I would love to engage in more conversation about the unique challenges, and to offer support!

My sister has been married over 25 years and my parents for over 50 years.  Then, here's me going round again!  I think that's one of the reasons why we opted to get married abroad, just us, I'm so past expecting anyone else to make a fuss, although they are all delighted for us.  When my mum saw the photos she said she wished she had been there.  It wasn't really possible as my dad was already away at the TT and mum has a broken bone in her foot and can't walk around much, although they are both pretty spritely for 70ish.  Since I have not met the in laws, I wouldn't have wanted them there really, they are clearly quite disinterested.  They did send a card, but his mum got the address wrong and we didn't get it until two weeks later!  On the day, we didn't have a card from his parents and his mum didn't even text.  All of the cards we had with us were from my friends and family apart from one. 

Our exes have been a massive pain in the neck throughout our time together (over 5 years) and I have no contact with mine and he only has contact regarding child contact.  My daughter is 16 and his is 7. 

• I'm 53 and my h2b is 62...a very sprightly 62 however.  We have 5 young adults between us.  We have virtually no budget so I'm hoping my creativity can still make it a special and fun day.

• I am approaching mid forties, but feel 20. This is second time around for us both, my children have totally embraced the experience with my daughter putting dibs on being maid of honour. 

We are being very strict though about it being 'our' wedding. First time around we were both very young and were swayed into our choices by our loved ones, in fact, the guest list, my dress, my colour scheme and even wedding breakfast was chosen by well meaning relatives. 

This time we are getting married abroad with immediate family only and 1 friend (couple) each so our party size is 14 and I am so happy with that. It's our little big wedding.

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I will be 48 when we get married in August, first time for me. Planning is all done just the implementation of it all now, oh and dress shopping, dreading that got a horrible feeling I will just look old fat and silly in a wedding dress! 

• TC2017TC2017 Posts: 69

Hello, I'm 46 and getting married next year for the 2nd time next year, We're expecting our wedding party to be 40-50 ish guests which I'm now finding a bit tricky to keep to but hanging in there.

Neither of us have children and both families seem to have embraced it. I Had a quiet wedding first time around so we're having a civil ceremony followed by a fairly traditional format reception and wedding breakfast this time which I'm excited about.

Tanya128 I'm sure you'll find a dress that you love and you'll look and feel amazing in it. 

• Suzie1974Suzie1974 Posts: 126

Hi I get married next year I'm 41 and h2b is 47, it's our first wedding we been together for 16 years so I think it's about time we did it.😆 we also have 2 children together our daughter is 14 she's so excited to be a bridesmaid and our son is 10. The rest of the family can't wait either there hasn't been a wedding in the family for sometime now, so happy days.😉

• Im 42 at the moment but will be 44 when the date comes around. 2nd time for me and for me its the wedding and the man I always wanted. Best things come to those that wait.Cant wait Im loving the planning xx

• Janet48Janet48 Posts: 59 New bride

I will be 46, getting married for the first time :)

• MashMash Posts: 73

I'm 42 and H2B is 46 - my second and his third attempt lol .... 7 children between us 13-26.... but two of them likely to 'boycott' .... such is life .... for both of us it really feels like the first time - we get to plan it ourselves and BE ourselves ... so excited!!!! 

• I'm 44 getting married to my best friend (52) next May in Santorini.It is my first time though... that's why I am so excited!!