How long were you engaged for? How long did you have to plan your wedding?

2»

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,206 New bride

We got engaged on June 24th 2015 & got married on September 24th 2016.

We started planning straight away & would've got married sooner (always said we wanted a short engagement) - however we had our reception at our Cricket club so had to chose between before the season started (early April) or at the end of the season (September). We decided on September as didn't want to risk an April marquee wedding! 

Saying that 15 months flew by :-) 

• rlnxrlnx Posts: 46 New bride

We got engaged on 14th March 2017 and our wedding is 20th March 2020 :) We've been together 10 years this September so a 3 year engagement won't hurt! Our engagement was a complete surprise, which others find hard to believe!  We booked our venue 3 weeks after being engaged.

• MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

Been together - 8 and a half years

Got engaged - 5 years ago. We were too skint to get married there and then and caring for my grandpa so the wedding took a back seat for a while until last yr 

Time between booking wedding and the actual wedding date - 10 months roughly

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405 New bride

By the time we get married we will have been together 7 years and 11 months and engaged for 6 years and 7 months. 

When we got engaged we were both at university and after that we were saving for a house so we only started planning the wedding in January 16 giving us 1 year 9 months to plan.

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

I say we're not engaged when people ask... it annoys him lol

And I say that because when we decided to get married was November 2016 we were in a pub and he just said shall we get married next year, I just said, yeah ok...

So there was imo no real proposal, so we skipped the engagement and just planned the wedding from start of this year for December this year :)

By time we get married, we will have been together for 15 years though...:) x

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Got engaged in Feb 2015 and finally started planning the wedding in June 2017, getting married December 2018 :), so by the time we get married we will have been engaged 3 years and 9 months

• MissSMissS Posts: 267 New bride

weve been together almost 7 years! Got engaged in Aug and our wedding is this November! 

• AureaAurea Posts: 46

We got engaged on 27th December 2015 and our wedding is on 17th September 2017. We wanted a specific date but my friend was getting married on the same day 2016 so we had to postpone it to a year later.  The actual wedding planning started around September last year. 

17th September is our anniversary and we will be together for exactly 5 years on out wedding day.