hello i'm new

Hi everyone I'm new, we're not officially engaged yet but he's put down a deposit! We're talking about next Dec. :) we were planning sooner but delayed because of health reasons.

Has anyone considered a red dress? If I went for red dress what colour could I put bridesmaids in?

We have chosen a venue and church just waiting for find out available dates and its going to be simple as we've both been married before. We have to have 100 because of my big family. Thats not including cousins!

So any ideas for christmas weddings welcome :)

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,806 New bride

A Christmas wedding sounds lovely! My sister had a red dress- it was lovely, a huge ball gown style one with a glittery skirt. She got it from a prom range at a wedding shop so it was only like £300 too. As bridesmaids we wore white satin dresses with shimmer black sashes, as her wedding colours were red and white.

• Hi Katie

I'm wearing red and my bridesmaids will be wearing ivory or gold, dependent upon which looks best on them when we come to choose them in the new year.  I've found some pinterest weddings with red and navy as a colour scheme that's really effective too.  

So far, I'm struggling to find many red bridal gowns.  There's always the option of a bridesmaid or prom dress but if you want a train etc, they don't really fit the bill.