Marrying an Austrian!

Hello there :) 

I am new to this site and any knowledge you could bestow on me would be greatly appreciated! 

So..I am a British woman who wishes to marry an Austrian woman. I have been reading a great deal of information, however I wanted to see if I could receive some clarification here... 

1) The first thing I would need to do is book a venue (we want to have a legal ceremony in England in a registry office, then hold a unofficial wedding ceremony for our friends and families in Austria, or Germany? 

2) My partner would have to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa? 

3)

A-  We must give at least 28 days notice

B- the visa would be valid for 6 months?

C- after giving notice we must marry within 12 months

D- would my partner have to inform the authorities of her home country of her intention to marry abroad?

E- we must both be living in the country for at least 8 days prior to going to the registry office to give notice? Does 'living' mean temp residing with me? as she will travel back to her home country to live for the next two remaining years of her studies

4) After booking the venue and receiving the Marriage visa, we can go to a registry office (outside) of my district? (I am from another area in the UK) however, currently living in London, thought we would like to marry in my home city. 

Your knowledge would be so very appreciated right now. Thank you for your support! We plan on marrying in the summer and we are very excited 😊 

Best wishes for your plans, 

• StageLeftRight2017 wrote (see post):

Hello there :) 

I am new to this site and any knowledge you could bestow on me would be greatly appreciated! 

So..I am a British woman who wishes to marry an Austrian woman. I have been reading a great deal of information, however I wanted to see if I could receive some clarification here... 

1) The first thing I would need to do is book a venue (we want to have a legal ceremony in England in a registry office, then hold a unofficial wedding ceremony for our friends and families in Austria, or Germany? 

2) My partner would have to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa? 

3)

A-  We must give at least 28 days notice

B- the visa would be valid for 6 months?

C- after giving notice we must marry within 12 months

D- would my partner have to inform the authorities of her home country of her intention to marry abroad?

E- we must both be living in the country for at least 8 days prior to going to the registry office to give notice? Does 'living' mean temp residing with me? as she will travel back to her home country to live for the next two remaining years of her studies

4) After booking the venue and receiving the Marriage visa, we can go to a registry office (outside) of my district? (I am from another area in the UK) however, currently living in London, thought we would like to marry in my home city. 

Your knowledge would be so very appreciated right now. Thank you for your support! We plan on marrying in the summer and we are very excited 😊 

Best wishes for your plans, 

I think she might need her name on something at your address for proof she's lived there for 7 days which might prove difficult if she's going straight back to Austria. Be wary that notice appointments and ceremonies can get booked up quickly for the summer so get started sorting things asap.