We want different things....!

I need some help... I've never really dreamed of what my wedding day would look like, but now I'm thinking about planning it there's a few things I'd like! The main one being certain people being there to share our special day. My OH would much prefer a very intimate wedding with just the two of us and whilst I know that its our day and we're the important ones - I'm struggling a bit with the thought of being on my own on my wedding day.

We both agree we want low key and don't really want to spend more than £5k (for everything) as we want to get a campervan and have a honeymoon! But something might have to give! 

We're from the Portsmouth area and wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions for low key intimate weddings and receptions - probably 45 guests for the day and 80 for the evening. I like the idea of thinking outside the box and having something quirky but don't feel I'm getting anywhere with Google! 

I'd love an outdoor wedding with a picnic and drinks - really relaxed but you can't guarantee weather! 

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Kaylee

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Kaylee, dont make my mistake of thinking it would be cheaper outside its cost me £16000 so far.  Hire a village hall if you want to keep costs down .    Beware of hiden costs everything adds up really quickly.  Keep it simple dont stress the small stuff.   

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Have you seen if there are any local pubs that do wedding functions? I have seen some lovely and relaxed weddings held in pubs functions rooms/conservatories etc :) gives a nice relaxed vibe and is usually quite budget friendly

• Where are you based? We are getting married in a barn at a pub with about 40 guests. I have also seen photos today of a marriage on a barge in Oxford which looked lovely.

• Kaylee10Kaylee10 Posts: 5

Hi Sadiee - I've messaged a few just waiting for them to come back to me so will see what they offer! (sorry read wrong thread)  

MrsPToBe2017 wrote (see post):

Where are you based? We are getting married in a barn at a pub with about 40 guests. I have also seen photos today of a marriage on a barge in Oxford which looked lovely.

We're Portsmouth, Hampshire but willing to travel a little. 

• August19August19 Posts: 285 New bride

When are you looking to get married ? We have booked The Old VIcarage which is the Hampshire:dorset border and they have some great deals for this year or filling places such as exclusive use of the house with or without the marquee food and drinks for 60 people,disco etc all in a package. Unfortunately we couldn't benefit from the discounted prices but there should lots of places if you are able to book on selected dates 

Look on hitched.com as there's loads of place so in hampshire on there ..happy searching x

• I previously came across this place, I've not looked at prices though

http://horsebridgestation.co.uk/

• and I forgot about this one and again I've not looked at prices

http://www.cet.org.uk/weddingsandvenues/treehouses/weddings

MrsPToBe2017 wrote (see post):

and I forgot about this one and again I've not looked at prices

http://www.cet.org.uk/weddingsandvenues/treehouses/weddings

Thanks MrsPtoBe - they both look lovely but a little out of our budget x

SLM3 wrote (see post):

When are you looking to get married ? We have booked The Old VIcarage which is the Hampshire:dorset border and they have some great deals for this year or filling places such as exclusive use of the house with or without the marquee food and drinks for 60 people,disco etc all in a package. Unfortunately we couldn't benefit from the discounted prices but there should lots of places if you are able to book on selected dates 

Look on hitched.com as there's loads of place so in hampshire on there ..happy searching x

Hi SLM3 I like the look of this one - we're looking at next September. Will run this past the OH... It is at top end of budget but worth a look x