Looking for wedding dress shop recommendations – Essex / London

Hi,

I’m looking to get some recommendations of bridal shops around Essex & London – which have a good range of designers for a budget of £1500 and with a good aftercare reputation!

Thanks in advance :)

• Miss-MrsMiss-Mrs Posts: 117

Hey, 

I'm not sure how this works for you but there is that shop Lace ad Confetti in Lakeside (where they shoot 'Say Yes to The Dress') 

x

• Jade142Jade142 Posts: 37

there is a shop in Ongar, called Amorae, lovely shop and lots within your budget!! 

• Nynae15Nynae15 Posts: 41

I'd recommend Mirror Mirror in Angel/Islington area

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 837 New bride

It's a bit far from the Essex side of London but I went to The Wedding Dress shop in Wimbledon, they were so lovely and it was a really enjoyable appointment. I don't have any fittings until May next year but so far they have been great, and I feel very confident in their hands! They stock Enzoani, pronovias, and a few others which I can't remember now, and my budget was similar to yours, ended up spending £1350 On my Enzoani dress. 

• I used confetti and Lace in lakeside which was great. My friend went to Bellisima in south woodham Ferrers which was also really nice.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Amorae in ongar.

• Hol90Hol90 Posts: 34

I got mine in Bellissima, they're absolutely lovely in there and the shop smells amazing! x 

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,475 New bride

Enchanted Bridal in Old Harlow. Mel is amazing and opens any evening apart from tues if you struggle to get there on other days. Her website isn't great but she is very reasonable and the service is outstanding 

• London Bride in Elephant and Castle. They were fabulous. The whole experience was amazing. The lady in the shop actually suggested the dress I went in to buy. Aftercare is fab too.

• I don't know if this is an option for you, but I went to a wonderful lady yesterday who runs a second hand bridal shop (it seems like a lot of dresses are not second hand at all though and are sample dresses instead).  http://www.dreamsecondhandweddingdress.co.uk/ 

I went for my appointment yesterday and Sylvia is one of the loveliest, most patient people ever. She has a wonderful selection of dresses in many different sizes, and I found my perfect dress there almost immediately. And the best thing is that it cost me a fraction of what I thought I would have to spend. Only £900. 

She also gave me a lot of very valuable advice and all the dresses I tried on were in a completely perfect condition and all looked brand new. I highly recommend having a look there.

• Jan17Jan17 Posts: 30

I’ll second London Bride In Elephant and Castle. All of the staff are very warm and welcoming plus they have a wide range of dresses to try on in various sizes. I thought the prices were good too. My budget was £2000 but they said none of their dresses cost that much so I think you would be fine with your budget. The after care was wonderful too. All in all a great experience.

• kenzkenz Posts: 10

I haven't had any appointments yet but I heard really good things about https://www.eliebluebridal.com and http://www.themewsnottinghill.co.uk - I've booked appointments in both for the new year. Funnily enough I found the one in Elephant and Castle hard to get hold off, but also heard good things about them.