Has anyone had a wedding in London for under £5,000 (not including honeymoon)

Hey Everyone,

I've just got engaged and im looking to have a wedding for under £5,000. We are looking to get a mortgage as well so this price is the max we are willing to spend. 

Please help an let me know if anyone has achieved this.

Thanks

Ella

• Interested to know if anyone has also.... Trying to do things on a budget too! Would love to hear some ideas. 

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 828 New bride

I think it depends what kind of wedding you want. the venue and food are the biggest chunk of our budget and the things that are pushing the overall cost up. If you’re happy to have a small do in a pub, or maybe intimate ceremony somewhere with a dinner afterwards, then i think it’s doable. look at high street wedding dresses as there are some lovely options out there, and maybe consider a winter wedding or a weekday? 

• hi, I live in London too and know how difficult it can be planning a wedding on a budget! 

Venue costs can be quite expensive in London so we decided to look elsewhere! 

i have seen that a branch of Wetherspoons in central London are doing a package for 100 people for £3k which includes quite a lot! https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2018/02/10/can-get-married-wetherspoon-3000-7301705/amp/

Good luck!