Informal wedding, getting started, NEED HELP!

I am new to the whole wedding planning and haven’t had any friends that have got married to turn to for help. We don’t have a date set yet but we are looking to plan something for this year. I don’t want a massive fuss I would like something really informal has anyone had an informal wedding?

We were thinking getting married at the church that I got christened at and then having the reception in a pub in town. Like I said I don’t want a massive fuss just want it low key no one stressing no one bossing people about just a nice chilled day (I HOPE)

Does anyone have any idea such as ideal times, informal wedding advise, what to do and not to do? and where do i start! 

PLEASE HELP J

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,349 New bride

Congratulations on your engagement!

Like you I wanted to get married in a church and have the reception in a pub - which is what we did, but to appease my DH we had a grand pub and a proper reception.

Anyway - first step is talk to the church and the pub to get some dates that they are free. Because of your choice of venue you might have more lucky getting a range of dates from them.

Once you have a date you can start working on guest list and booking the big things like photographer.

A lot of the wedding magazines have some countdown plans of when you should do what so worth getting one of those to look through too.